Broke Ass Capital

Discussion in 'Journals' started by hilmy83, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hilmy83

hilmy83

Starting a new journal to document my performance across different investment categories that I have money in against the s&p. I figure that's the best benchmark for the regular working Joe like myself.

Early on, I had 100% of my "investment" in the futures account. Later on I thought I needed to diversify into other investment types. This is a rehash of that goal.

These are the current target allocation for each investment type.

1. futures (MES daytrading) -15%
    2. growth stocks -40%
    3. options/dividend-20%
    4. Crypto- 5%
    5. REIT (non public)-15%
    6. Venture startup-5%

Right now I just have a bit over 20k invested across all of them and they are quite heavy on the futures side. Over time I hope to rebalance to get to the target allocation. Will go into details of each category and the overall justification of this approach.

pic.jpg

2. Nobert

Nobert

Locally - face to face or via some global platform ?

3. hilmy83

hilmy83

on a public platform for now. Used startengine and withvincent to scour opportunities.

Although I am open to local/face to face when the time comes

Nobert likes this.
  4. blink18

blink18

Is this portfolio leveraged?

5. hilmy83

hilmy83

tricky question since technically futures is a leveraged instrument

But I'm not using margin when making other investments, 100% cash.

6. qlai

qlai

Were you the guy assembling dividends portfolio?

7. hilmy83

hilmy83

yessir in my first journal. Initially i had a few dividend stocks to get some passive income while i traded NQ. Then narrowed down to just KO to do wheel strategy on it. somewhere down the line, i lost my head and withdrew my KO holdings to support my losing futures account :banghead:

so now we're back to start with addtional sources of possible growth/income.

i promise i will never take out the investments once i'm in to float my crack (futures) habit. added my wife to the 2fa contact on some of these accounts so hopefully that helps :D

qlai likes this.
  8. BMK

BMK

Just curious exactly what you mean...

You have $20K allocated among those six investment types?

Or you have $20K in each of those investment types, and you are going to rebalance?

9. hilmy83

hilmy83

20k total across all of them. Need to rebalance as I get more funds

10. tsznecki

tsznecki

I don't know which country you are in and your standard of living. So no offense, but 20K (USD?) is not generally quite a large sum in the big picture.

Consider not diversifying and making more gains. Maybe at 100K USD you can start diversifying, you currently need to get up the growth curve more.

#10     May 3, 2021
    Ace66, jys78 and qlai like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.