Bright Trading 3 day trading school

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Ron Stein, May 28, 2008.

1. Has anyone attended the trading school lately?

Is it basic and designed for someone with no experience?

Or will I learn their trading style (trading at the open, market at close, and other techniques).

I want to learn there style of trading. Will the school be worth it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Rather than have a bunch of recent attendees yak on about the course...I'll post the complete curriculum when I get back from San Francisco on Friday.

But, yes we do openings, MOC's ... I have PairCo president Rob Friesen fly in from Vancouver for Pairs. And a lot more. We get into the "business of trading" as well, clearing firms, taxes, etc. as well.

Don

3. GGSAE

GGSAE

I'm sure Don will agree that the best traders in Bright are those that do pairs, that's not something you can learn in 3 days!

4. DonKee

DonKee

What do you mean by "best traders" ?

1) Greatest income over a 5 year period ?

2) Most consistantly profitable ?

3) Lowest amount of drawdown vs equity high ?

Your statement does not make any sense.

You are not Don, so why speak for him ?

You have not defined "best", so what are you trying to say ?

You obviously don't trade at Bright, so why even respond ?

If you want to start a new thread, may I suggest the topic "Why do people post comments on elite trader that have no value to anyone reading them" ?

BTW: I'm just having some fun myself....no hard feelings.

5. Arnie

Arnie

It's basic, but good nonetheless. If you are going for the 3 day, you should stay for the boot camp. When I took it, it wasn't that much more. I think Don gives you a discount if you take the BC with the 3 day.

6. GGSAE

GGSAE

What do you mean by "best traders" ?

1) Greatest income over a 5 year period

Obviously I don't know all the traders in bright but I do know some of the most profitable traders (greatest income and longest duration) trade pairs and since i haven't heard of many other 'great' styles within the various information mediums, I'm led to believe pairs as the former.

2) Most consistantly profitable ?
    I've read a post by Don that the most consistently profitable pair traders are the ones that hold overnight. When I was trading in my group I held overnight more than any of the other traders and the head trader had asked me to share with the other guys because 'XXXXX is one of the most consistently profitable traders in our team'.

3) Lowest amount of drawdown vs equity high ?

I believe I already answered this in my consistency explanation.

Your statement does not make any sense.

You are not Don, so why speak for him ?

A lot of traders prefer to hear from an actual trader that's been in the Bright programs and have conversed with other Bright traders to get an honest and unbiased opinion.

You have not defined "best", so what are you trying to say ?

You obviously don't trade at Bright, so why even respond ?

If you've read one of any of my many posts i've made it perfectly clear i trade through Bright. Up about 5k on the day, having a decent year and really excited about my trading future and potentially being a mentor one day so that I can give back like those that helped me achieve my dream.

If you want to start a new thread, may I suggest the topic "Why do people post comments on elite trader that have no value to anyone reading them" ?

No comment.

BTW: I'm just having some fun myself....no hard feelings.

None taken at all. But, once again, if you've read any of my posts you'd know i can be an asshole at times and generally don't let comments like these slide w/o a reply :)

7. Geez, can't leave you guys alone for a minute...LOL.

"Best" top earners, hmmm? Pairs, openings, automated intraday programs...some do all, some focus on some...and, to be sure, some of the most consistent tend to adapt and combine strategies. I have a guy making millions, not sure what he does, uses overnight capital, but trades in small share lots... seems to work (he is paired off at night). And, yes, we have some making a good 6 figures simply trading one or two stocks, day in and day out.

FWIW,

Don

8. Don, just saw you are in SF. Any seminars or anything going on for us Bay Area guys i'm not aware of? Thanks

9. timcar

timcar

It’s interesting and also FWIW I think that one of those T.V. stock market program companies also teach the opening orders strategy. As someone was telling me about how he makes money on the opening every morning after taking one of those courses and then goes to work the rest of the day.

It appears the opening orders strategy is one many different organizations use and teach to all their students also.

Again not sure which one teaches this strategy but opening orders is a common strategy many traders use.

10. The 3 day class is $1,000...and attendees are welcome to return for free...(some like a second change to have it all sink in).

Regarding the opening strategy taught by "TV" type groups... well, all I can say is that it takes a $million or more to do the strategy correctly...and most retail brokers don't allow it (I do think IB does, but you still the $$ in your account).

We have hundreds over the years who really learned a lot from the training we offer...and a handful who, in most cases, came in with a preconceived idea of what trading was really all about. If we contradicted their concept, they may have blocked out what we were trying to accomplish.... anyway, we change the class as the markets change....show reality based on current conditions.. that's all we try to do.

All the best,

Don

#10     May 28, 2008