Breaking news: Chinese government at least as corrupt as US government

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nooby_mcnoob, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Really good interview, a perspective I did not expect:

ET180 and tommcginnis like this.
  2. Guo Wengui no longer exists. Video to follow shortly.

jys78 and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  3. In the interview, he talks about how they tried to kill him

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

are we supposed to take solace in being "about the same" in terms of corruption to a communist dictatorship?

Striving for China levels of corruption for a developed nation is setting the bar real low. Hell, why not Venezuela? Somalia?

5. In listening to the interview, I got the feeling that the corruption is only slightly worse in the CCP. For example, the claim is that Jack ma was forced to sign over his interest in his companies to five unnamed people. While that doesn't happen, there are Congress critters whose net worth does not reflect their background and public salary, and who would be otherwise known as the greatest investors of all time.

For example, Bernie Sanders has a decent net worth through his books but really no one read his book. The Obamas are now multi millionaires. Not to mention the Clintons through the Clinton foundation and their speeches. I'm sure there are examples in the republican side as well.

The corruption in the US is under the surface, in the CCP it's explicit.

How do you avoid this? In the video above, he says the central bank is a key player. Which corresponds to my belief that the central bank is a tool of wealth transfer from the poor to the rich. But really, you can't avoid this. If you've dealt with people at any level, they will game any system.

murray t turtle and luisHK like this.
  6. %%
    In some cases Chicom gov is more honest. WHY, a chicom reporter, asked chicom gov ,did you change the name of swine flue?? Chicom gov man said, pork is big business, next question.LOL-trUe.:caution::caution:, :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Funny, Democracy at it's best which they preach to the rest of the world is about the same as a communist country, really selling it there LOL

8. speedo

speedo

All governments are corrupt...just a matter of degree

9. %%
    Partly true on Central bank; but i never looked on them or market makers as an enemy....................................................................................................................

#10     Aug 28, 2019