Bought TAN...Solar ETF today

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Cabin111, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Cabin111

Cabin111

I'm a late sleeper...Wish I had seen this sooner.
    Bought 200 shares for $67.85, did a covered call "sell to open" for the Jan 22 $75. I got $10.73 ($2,146.) for the option. Long term hold. TAN hit a low of $64.48 this morning.

My thoughts, it does not matter who wins the election for president. The Republican control the senate at this time...At this time. In two years there will be 1/3 of the senate up for reelection. At that time you could have a congress controlled by one party. Even if Trump wins, he will have to let some solar bills pass to get what he wants. If Biden wins...And the democrats control congress (Nov 2022)...solar should be a good play.

So Yeah, I'm looking out 2+ years. But I have a good ETF while I wait for returns. Lastly...I live in California. All new houses (or major remodels) have to have some solar on their house. That law may spread around the country...Maybe the world. Just my thinking...

2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

TAN was a 50 dollar stock before the first debate. What do you think is priced in?

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. Cabin111

Cabin111

Time...2022 election. The latino population growing in the US. The 2020 census...

4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I think tan is all about solar subsidies and renewable energy friendly legislation and regulation.

Cabin111 likes this.
  5. zdreg

zdreg

I think TAN is all about not getting burned.

Nobert and murray t turtle like this.
  6. %%
    Exactly/LOL;
    looks good on a 52 week chart.
    OF course if it can not stay above 50dma/that would be a real week/weak sign.
    I have a cool solar back up light/no gov help@ all+ dont need any on that. They have too much on their plate...………………………………………………………………………………………………...Good uptrend on TAN.

Nobert likes this.
  7. Cabin111

Cabin111

TAN is up 10% today. Is that people covering or for real??

murray t turtle likes this.
  8. %%
    Looks like, an elite trader noted '' the whole shooting match is going north''
    I wish a 50dma worked that well 100% of the time /LOL.........................................................................................................Make hay while the sun shines:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:

Nobert likes this.
  9. Cabin111

Cabin111

Yeah, covering their positions...

Avg. Volume 1,366,681

Volume 4,574,403

10. %%
    Dont really know;
    still looks like a good uptrend on a 3 year chart+ I dont live in CA.
    Good thing for me/ none of my charts start on 1st tues in NOV.
    A sector etf tends to be more of a roller coaster.

#10     Nov 11, 2020