??? Bloomberg provide universal trading system ???

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by jk90029, May 20, 2016.

1. Dear-

Although I am not sure yet, I heard that traders have ONE screen to trade many different broker's system.
    Bloomberg does it for us, if I heard correctly.

Is it true? If so please show me their link to explain what it is.

Thanks in advance.

-Jay

2. jharmon

jharmon

You can't afford it anyway.

3. Probably too expensive? Still tell me their link for the cost.

Meanwhile there is web-crawling technology recently so that we can use one SINGLE program to trade with any brokers who provide HTML5 (very common).

4. jharmon

jharmon

5. So there is no clear website yet for the cost.

Web-scraping might be a lot cheaper to implement, than the Bloomberg or similar.

6. jharmon

jharmon

Bloomberg don't put pricing on their web site.

Stop with the meaningless motherhood statements. You aren't contributing anything.

7. I mean that we should not addicted to one SINGLE broker for entire life.

If needed, we should change broker (even to other country) any time.
    In case that Sanders increase the trading tax rate, many traders may change country.
    It is since his personal trading logic might make him a eventual loser in US / but under same logic he may be a winner in other country.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  8. Therefore, traders should find a logic with robust adaptation to many countries, in case his/her country's tax rate is increased suddenly.

For example, if one has a trading logic with 30% (before expense),
    1) under 15% expense(tax+commission) his final rate is 15% roughly
    2) under 25% expense annually, his final rate(to bring home) might be only 5% (close to bank interest)

For the 1) tax rate is 50%(expense/originalreturn), however 2) tax rate is 25/30 = 0.8333333 >80% which is (almost) meaningless to do.

Personally, I can say "Trading is against other traders, also against expense as well".
    Never say "I am broken now since I put all the money to Fukushima"

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  9. jharmon

jharmon

[​IMG]

wrbtrader, conduit, d08 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Bloomberg might have right direction to help traders to adapt to lots of brokers.

However the cost is too much for average traders.
    Suppose the cost is 10K and one make it for a month (by his own programming), then he makes 10K for the month. (Not actual money But opportunity cost)

#10     May 20, 2016