BlackRock’s Rieder says bitcoin can replace gold ‘to a large extent’ and crypto is ‘here to stay’

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by johnarb, Nov 22, 2020.

1. johnarb

johnarb

"so much more functional than passing a gold bar around"

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/20/bla...coin-can-replace-gold-to-a-large-extent-.html

PUBLISHED FRI, NOV 20 20206:13 PM ESTUPDATED FRI, NOV 20 20206:18 PM EST

[​IMG]
    Rick Rieder
    Anjali Sundaram | CNBC
    (This story is for CNBC Pro subscribers only.)

BlackRock’s Rick Rieder on Friday touted the benefits of bitcoin, telling CNBC he believes that cryptocurrency in general is “here to stay.”

The comments from Rieder, chief investment officer of global fixed income at the world’s largest money manager, come after high-profile Wall Street investors Paul Tudor Jones and Stanley Druckenmiller have in recent weeks offered positive comments on bitcoin.

“I think cryptocurrency is here to stay. I think it is durable, and you’ve seen the central banks that have talked about digital currencies,” Rieder said on “Squawk Box.” “I think digital currency and the receptivity — particularly millennials’ receptivity — of technology and cryptocurrency is real. Digital payment systems is real, so I think bitcoin is here to stay.”

Nobert likes this.
  2. dude is too fat and bald. one keystroke and bitcoin is irretrievably gone forever

3. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

15 years late to the game lol

Heydrrich, Nobert and tomtr27 like this.
  4. TimMykes

TimMykes

These guys make a living selling snake oil to suckers