Black Every Day?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by nitro, Mar 17, 2008.

1. nitro

nitro

Yeah, other black people in this thread also saw the (unintended) humor in thread title too :)

#41     Jul 7, 2015
  2. nitro

nitro

Oil is getting beat up pretty badly. I mistrusted (wrong word probably - closer is misunderstood) one of my models and did not short oil on the open today. I am feeling the heat in OVX bad now.

One thing is that my models usually lead oil. Now they are just tracking it almost exactly. That makes it difficult to trade on the time scales (relatively slow) that I trade, although it would be interesting to switch to a higher frequency.

I have always thought regime switching strategies were fantastic, but I have never spent time thinking them through. That means I don't have a quantitative way to make the shift. Maybe it is time to think it through.

#42     Jul 7, 2015
  3. nitro

nitro

As expected.

Seriously, I don't know what can keep the EURUSD from at least parity if Greece leaves the EU. Spain Italy and Portugal would be next, and then it is MUCH worse.

Sell all rallies in EURUSD.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    #43     Jul 7, 2015
  4. nitro

nitro

#44     Jul 8, 2015
  5. nitro

nitro

#45     Jul 8, 2015
  6. nitro

nitro

2042 SPX is support. But price want to go there so bad.

#46     Jul 8, 2015
  7. nitro

nitro

This market wants to go down 500 DOW points.

#47     Jul 8, 2015
  8. nitro

nitro

Greece latest: Reform proposal expected imminently

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102817650

My level of optimism on this is almost zero. I think it spirals into Grexit. What SIFs will do as a result I don't know, but I don't see how the EURUSD cannot weaken, which means SIFs go lower, and possibly much lower.

#48     Jul 9, 2015
  9. nitro

nitro

Trading in an environment like this, a market can gap in your face twenty handles in either direction. It is gambling to try to trade inside of the announcement, imo.

#49     Jul 9, 2015
  10. nitro

nitro

I don't understand why the greek proposal is good news.
    • It sets a primary budget surplus target of 1 percent in 2015 and 2 percent in 2016
    • The value-added tax rate for restaurants and catering would be 23 percent, while hotels would be 13 percent
    • It would aim to eliminate value-added tax breaks for islands by the end of 2016
    • Corporate taxes would rise this year
    • Taxes on shipping companies would increase
    • Certain pension benefits would be gradually phased out by the end of 2019
    • The luxury tax and implement tax on TV advertisements would rise immediately
    • Greece would look to prepare legislation on a new collective bargaining system by the fourth quarter of this year
    • It would look to facilitate completion of deals to privatize certain transportation infrastructure
    • Greece would try to cut defense spending by 300 million euros by the end of 2016
    • Greece will look to introduce pension reform legislation later this year and curb early retirement.
    So, no one pays taxes there anyway, no one works there, piss off your only source of revenue-the tourists by gouging them, cut 300 million Euros, are you serious? Curb early retirement? Look into? Defense spending? And they want 57B more Euros. HUH!!!??? Hey, at least they didn't ask for debt relief? WHERE IS EXACTLY HOW THAT E57B WILL BE SPENT?

In my world of logic, that is SIFs down 20. Instead, they are up a 15. :confused:

The Germans and the Greeks are so far apart that you could put Greece's Ionian Islands between them.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    #50     Jul 9, 2015