Bitcoin

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by paperboy, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Are larger investors starting to get interested in Bitcoin?

I guess when gold and silver start rising again big money will also find it´s way to Bitcoin.

How much could it be worth in a future where gold/silver backs currencies?
    100 times todays price?

2. things are moving.

today's big news is paypal ceo saying they will have to integrate bitcoins. That's the 800lbs gorilla in the room. If and when paypal does, it will instantly solidify bitcoin as a currency, imagine the snowball effect that will have. My guess is probably another ~2-3 years before paypal rolls it out but we see.

http://www.coindesk.com/ebay-ceo-paypal-will-integrate-digital-currencies/

anyone who doesnt own some bitcoin as an long term investment is a fool, despite whatever contempt you may feel about it, it is a new investment segment with vast untapped potentials.

3. xyannix

xyannix

4. Thanks for posting this. I will look into it. I'd kinda be concerned doing anything resembling "size" with anyone other than Coinbase and Localbitcoins. Lots of bitcoin exchanges and trading venues have gone down as you are probably aware. Probably the same thing with binary exchanges.

Have you used binaryex?

5. where you getting this "most" people from? "most" people are not stupid enough to trust some anonymous outfit to honor their option contracts if it became profitable. "most" people have common sense about counterparty risk.

stop promoting your option links, try the bitcointalk forum you will have better success finding sheeps.

6. Yahoo Finance put up BTC quotes Yesterday

Google Finance put up BTC quotes Today

I bet CNBC will follow soon as well as many others

7. If you understand how markets work, it is really just a function of liquidity, supply and demand. Bitcoin is a very simple concept really. It's an asset that's programmed so that liquidity will ALWAYS fall as a function of rising demand. Supply is defined, and becomes more difficult to issue new bitcoins via mining and there can never be secondaries, splits or issuance. As long as the bitcoin security algo is not hacked, it can only go up long term. You will see the same pattern over time. Where the price of bitcoin consolidates, then rises very quickly, retraces 50% and does this over and over

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

So much delusion, I don't know where to start:

1. And security, and competition and usefulness...
    2. So is timetravel....
    3. Because there is no such a thing as competition or government ban.
    4. And because it happened 4-5 times, it should happen forever in the future. Got it....

9. that's correct, there is NO competition. The only one delusional is you who keep insisting there is massive competition to bitcoin after so many have proven you wrong.

Go troll somewhere else.

10. the IRS has accepted bitcoin as an asset class subject to capital gains. any market is just a function of supply/demand and liquidity. Bitcoin is "rigged" or rather programmed to always limit liquidity and supply as a function of rising demand. It is similar to say, the S&P500 corporations buying back hundreds of billions of equity a year which drives up EPS, and therefore price. If the s&p went on doing 5% buybacks of their stock for 20 years, it would go up for 20 years. The only way bitcoin wont' go higher long term is if people lose interest and/or the encryption algo is hacked.

#10     Jun 11, 2014