Bitcoin Trading Is Actually Far Less 'Noisy' Than Traditional Markets

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by lovethetrade, Aug 23, 2019.

1. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

Bitcoin Trading Is Actually Far Less 'Noisy' Than Traditional Markets

Bitcoin (BTC), the world's first and largest cryptocurrency, made its debut approximately one decade ago. Since its creation, an increasing number of traditional market traders and experts have found their way into the crypto space in one form or another. Financial analyst, author, trader and creator of the widely used Bollinger Bands charting indicator, John Bollinger, became involved in the industry roughly three years ago, seeing opportunities to trade these digital assets, which have less "noise" than traditional market products.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/benjam...-noisy-than-traditional-markets/#1011c12823ee

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2019
  2. easymon1

easymon1

300zx.jpg
    Bitcoin Handles like a 300zx corners. Civilized.

I get free and easy btcusd data with my charts and like to play with it on weekends. Still don't know how to place a ten minute to two hour entry to exit duration trade. somebody clue me in.

Anyway, when I apply my usual tools to the patient, it is very consistent for the 2min, 5 minute timeframe charts. Haven't been front and center for any gigante breakouts, like just happened on nq, what a spaz. lol. 7740 to 7651 just like that.

back to bitcorn, nice to have weekend trading as a possibility eventually. somebody clue me in. lol.

i'm not looking at the bitcoin futures contract. the margin is crazy high, may as well go with the real thing, it would seem, eliminate the middleman.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  3. maxinger

maxinger

I don't trust writers reports.
    Similarly don't take my words as Gospel truth.
    So do your own analysis.

BTC future is one of the worst futures for day trading.

why?
    volume traded is extremely low at about 3K / day.
    look at crude oil - daily volume is around 100 K.
    day range is not that great compare with say Germany, or US bonds or most index futures.

Ended up BTC chart is rather erratic messy jerky spiky noisy ...

There are many other more trendy futures for day trading.

If you enjoy trading BTC, by all means go and trade it.

MattZ likes this.
  4. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

There's a lot of volume with Bitcoin, and maybe that's the reason for low noise? But one thing is for sure though, you don't ever bet against Bitcoin or you will fail.

5. RedDuke

RedDuke

lol less noisy with 10 percent+ swings in both directions all the time.

6. easymon1

easymon1

mr RedDuke,
    on a 5 minute chart, it looks quite tradable imho. 10k to 10.5 k is only $500 bucks, it ain't leveraged. keep in mind i still have not been informed how to trade this btdusd that this chart depicts, i just noodle around with it on weekend spare times, so . . .
    still, as numbers go, that's managable, no?
    my flavor of trading takes for granted that i'm gonna keep my eyes on my fries and generally be flat at the end of the day. same would go for bitcoin / crypto daytrading if i ever figure the mechanics of it out.

btcusd 2019.png

7. Pekelo

Pekelo

The problem is that the volume is divided among many exchanges. So your exchange can have a very shallow order book. Also some of those volume stats are probably fake.

easymon1 likes this.
  8. easymon1

easymon1

9. easymon1

easymon1

this kinda makes bitcoin look tame by comparison.

nq 2m 2019 0823.png
    btcusd 2019 0823 clean.png

10. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Rather regretful that the CBOE canceled their Bitcoin Futures. It was the smaller size that CME Bitcoin Futures.

#10     Aug 23, 2019