Bitcoin Charting Platform

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by heavenskrow, Jan 31, 2018.

1. So I missed the train on bitcoin...mainly because my charting platforms did not have data to it. My shitty excuse is had I had data to it, I would have been well aboard by seeing historical price action.

Now that it's become mainstream over the past year, I can track it on Interactive Brokers, yay!! But data only goes from when it started trading back in December 2017.
    Now that price has dropped 50% from its peak, it has caught my interest...Seeing that almost every non trader I knew was talking about bitcoin and were in it.
    Example would be instagram sluts advertising bitcoin, coworker's mom into bitcoin investment pool, hippie backpacker i met at hostel, and a Ron Paul fanatic from the UK(which I am too but also realistic) saying it would go to a million.

Are there any good charting platforms to track historical Bitcoin price from inception?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. drm7

drm7

tradingview. Has it for multiple exchanges. Not sure if it goes back ALL the way, or just a few years.

3. Investing.com.

Stay away from BTC. You're too late to go long and too poor to short....

cvds16 likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Come on, plenty of volatility left.

5. Wasn't that my point? :p

6. If you really really really wanted to get exposure on bitcoin. Do a bit of Stat-Arb pairs trading on it. Go long on one of the more popular forks that you feel bullish about, ripple and/or Litecoin. Then go short on BTC. This way you can stay moderately delta neutral and make money scalping on the direction

7. just21

just21

www.bitcoinwisdom has good charts. www.tradingview.com will let you do spreads so you can see the price in dollars for markets that do not have a usd pair. wtcusd*btcusd for example. Www.quandl.com has all the historical data from bitfinex available via api for free.

drm7 likes this.
  8. rakhi

rakhi

TradingView is one of the most established charting tools in the market. It was launched in 2011 as a community platform where traders can share their analysis and trading signals.

9. lojze

lojze

And where can I get timely pricing alerts?

10. Cuddles

Cuddles

Tabtrader with an exchange api

#10     Feb 17, 2018