BIIB Options

Discussion in 'Options' started by ironchef, Dec 4, 2019.

1. ironchef

ironchef

2. SteveM

SteveM

Hope you make a fortune....I am always tempted to get involved in these situations but the implied vol usually scares me away.

3. destriero

destriero

lol have you seen the data made public in October? When it rallied 30?

4. ironchef

ironchef

I read their published data on aducanumab up through Oct. Not earthshaking but positive. In view of all the failures on Alzheimer's drug trials over the past two decades, the FDA might give them a pass.

5. ironchef

ironchef

Thank you, I am already profitable. Should I get out and call it a day, or keep it?

If you look at BIIB IV, for DTE > ~30 the IV is actually quite stable for the past few trading days => mostly it is the underlying that affects option prices.

6. ironchef

ironchef

By the way that one was impossible to predict or envision unless you have insider information. This time the probability and outlook can be assessed based on past published data and projection into the future.

drcruz likes this.
  7. ironchef

ironchef

Yesterday morning BIIB was @ ~$285 at its low. It is @ ~$300 now.

8. destriero

destriero

The BIIB Dec13 280/295/310 fly is a great buy here at 5-5.3.

.sigma and ironchef like this.
  9. easymon1

easymon1

Is there a way to look back and watch this daytrade unfold on call option with 40 - 50 delta?
    Thx

10. ironchef

ironchef

You should be able to track it using your broker's platform.

Am I going to show you my trades, short answer is no. I posted this thread mainly as food for thought.

From my observation playing one time event, (example: recent CELG/BMY merger) for short DTE and ~ATM option, IV drops after the event, coupled with time decay the outcome is already priced into the option. If you don't believe me, take a look at BIIB ATM options expiring 12-13 (@destriero's example). On 12-2-19: strike $292.5 ATM call @$11.5 mid. Today at close strike $292.5 now ITM call @$10.05 mid. You actually lost money.

I did not trade the option I mentioned above.

#10     Dec 6, 2019
    spindr0 likes this.