Biden and aides tell allies he is running in 2024 amid growing Democratic fears

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ipatent, Nov 20, 2021.

1. ipatent

ipatent

Biden and aides tell allies he is running in 2024 amid growing Democratic fears

At a virtual fundraiser this month, Biden told a small group of donors that he plans to seek a second term, underscoring the message he gave the nation in March at his first White House news conference before cautioning that he had “never been able to plan 3½, four years ahead, for certain.”

Biden approval hits new low as economic discontent rises, Post-ABC News poll shows

“What he is saying publicly is what he firmly believes. There’s no difference,” said former Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell, who attended the fundraising event. “He will not run if he feels he can’t do the job physically or emotionally.”

But interviews with 28 Democratic strategists and officials, many of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak more frankly, show that the assurances have not stopped the internal debate over whether Biden will appear on the ticket.

Some Democrats take a skeptical view of any public and private signals Biden and his team send about reelection, reasoning that there is an incentive for them to project interest in a second term, regardless of his true intent, to avoid weakening his standing. Another presidential bid, others worry, would involve a much more rigorous schedule than the relatively calm 2020 campaign, which was largely conducted remotely because of the covid-19 pandemic.

2. Overnight

Overnight

He can run all he wants. Trump is getting his second term in 2024. No-brainer.

3. Man I am a Trump fan but really hope he doesn't run. I think we need some Youngkin type candidate to bring shit back together in this country. I'm hoping Trump runs for a house or senate seat but I doubt his ego would allow this.

4. fan27

fan27

Prediction....neither Biden nor Trump will be on the ticket in 2024.

Tsing Tao and luckyfnlou like this.
  5. I believe you will be correct. Can we bet on this in Vegas?

6. vanzandt

vanzandt

All politics aside here..... if Biden runs in 2024..... I will dress myself up in nothing but a jock strap, a feather boa, body paint, and a pair of high-top Nikes.... and proceed to march my as down Wall Street playing Dixie on a set of bagpipes.
    You can mark this post.

fan27 and luckyfnlou like this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Indeed. We saw you practicing in Portland.

I would not bet against you.

fan27 likes this.

8. I think Buttigieg may have just found his running mate.

So much talent on the forum.

:cool:

vanzandt and smallfil like this.
  9. IF Joey Biden does run again in 2024 against Trump?

He will get slaughtered like a pig.

Joey Biden knows this.

10. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

Really?

How does that work? Can he get two more consecutive terms? I'm a little unfamiliar with the rules. Literally.

For instance, can Barrack Obama, having served 2 consecutive terms, serve again?

For some reason I basically thought ex-Presidents were not able to run again. I need to look up Andrew Jackson because there was something like that in his history. A gap between tenures.

#10     Nov 22, 2021