Betting on Brexit event

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tsznecki, Mar 23, 2019.

1. tsznecki

tsznecki

Hi all,

I'm looking to take a punt on Brexit specifically no deal and am looking for instruments I can use to bet on this. I'm in a jurisdiction that does not allow much access(if any) to the event bet markets that I would like to wager on(read: paddypower/betfair etc) for the event specifically.

Because I'm unable to get access to the event specifically, I'm looking for alternatives to do so. This is a punt so 1-5K max, defined risk(options) is best.

Perhaps exotics(barrier, touch, etc etc) or UK equivalent to Fed funds. Any suggestions would be great.

Worst case scenario, I'll just take a position in GBP/USD or UK 10 year but would much prefer a scenario where there isn't a possibility of going debit.

Please keep it on topic, assume I'm willing to lose it all. Thanks.

Snuskpelle likes this.
  2. schweiz

schweiz

I thought you were a professional supertrader, but apparently you have no clue at all about trading. LOL.
    Thta's typical for people with a big mouth.

3. tsznecki

tsznecki

@schweiz LOL you unblocked me just to comment on my thread? Shows how insecure you are and how badly I raped you demonstrating you are a failed trader.

Do you even know what a touch exotic is? No, it's not the dominatrix prostitute from Brazil you rented.

@Magna If you want me to keep it civil, keep this thread on topic and clear up that post above^.

4. tomorton

tomorton

This is pure gambling right now as there are so many unknowns. Nobody is even partly certain that GBP will rise this week or fall this week.

So, you could put bracket orders above and below the current GBP price. But even then, would the higher order be to buy or to sell and would the lower one be to sell or to buy?

schweiz likes this.
  5. Visaria

Visaria

Haha, yeah, @schweiz is v insecure. He's blocked me too now. When beaten he blocks and goes back into his hole.

6. Visaria

Visaria

The European stock indices would probably crash if there was a no deal Brexit. The DAX for example. The Irish economy and presumably their stock market would really be hit imo but I have zero experience of trading that one.

7. Visaria

Visaria

So maybe put options on the Irish market ETF if that exists?

8. tsznecki

tsznecki

Might be answering my own question here, but there are a bunch of glit ETFs that trade on LSE. No ops though.

I'm not sure about UK equities so sticking to cable/gilts as underlying for now. Leaning towards puts on pound ETFs and maybe long SONIA futs.

9. schweiz

schweiz

Exactly. But if that's the only option he has as he misses all the knowledge needed, what others choice does he have?
    Assuming that he already understands he is not trading but gambling...
    I see a lot of posts that I cannot read (3,5,6,7,8), so Tszencki' ego got hurt hard apparently. Another proof of the fact he will never be a real trader, too much ego.

10. tsznecki

tsznecki

Hello Elitetraders, @schweiz is a perfect example of someone who is so insecure about her own failure in trading, she attempts to derail threads.

It's ok @schweiz I know you love me. You just can't stop following me around. It's ok I'll buy and mail you a pair of kneepads you can wear whenever you pop into one of my threads.

#10     Mar 24, 2019