Best token for transfers between exchanges??

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by NoahA, Oct 26, 2021.

1. NoahA

NoahA

So I've settled on using a few different exchanges for my crypto prospects. I've got a local one in my country that is good for depositing fiat, and decent for buying the most popular coins, but the cost structure is a spread of about 0.70 to 0.90% which isn't the best. Plus they don't allow lending or staking. Luckily they just upgraded to allow for limit orders! This means I can be a bit patient with the entry and wait for my Bid to hit, saving a good chunk of change.

So I will be doing the bulk of my crypto stuff in KuCoin and Kraken. But this means having to move funds there. I was successful with using ADA, and the broker covers the first $5, which for ADA covers the whole costs of the move which is great. Transferring to Kraken was pretty quick from what I remember, but with KuCoin, they require 300 confirmations which took maybe 1-2 hours.

I then tried using USDT, since I was going to try lending it out for an insane 40-50% at KuCoin, but I quickly learned about how expensive it is since I guess it uses the ER20 network which is super expensive. So that was a waste of 2% to convert to USDT and back, and I continued with using ADA for transfers.

But is there a better way?

Trader Curt likes this.
  2. Tokenz

Tokenz

Try different networks with stablecoins. I've been using the BEP2 network with USDT and it's only .025 cents to send any amount. But your destination address must support the BEP2 network as well. Or you can always use XRP which is starting to become known as a stablecoin :D

GangstaTrada and Trader Curt like this.
  3. Collagen

Collagen

neo is free.

Trader Curt likes this.
  4. NoahA

NoahA

Thanks for the suggestions.

Neo isn't available at my local exchange, so that kills that.

And I think when I tried to the the USDT transfer, I didn't see the choice for a different network, so assumed the default was ER20. But I've now sold the USDT so can't go through the process to try it again.

Tokenz likes this.
  5. XLM (Stellar). Transfer fee 0.01 which is couple of cents only.

Collagen and NoahA like this.
  6. I think Dash is supposed to be very cheap