Best time ever: UVXY TZA SOXS SQQQ

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by KCalhoun, Aug 19, 2022.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Not a recommendation but I believe now is the best time of the year to buy inverses that have been sold off this past month. As of today they are all breaking their downtrends and I believe it is a perfect time to buy. I'm in nearly 1, 000 uvxy and I'm also in the other inverses. I'll be deciding over the next couple of hours how much more size to put on before extended hours trading is over. Best wishes, have a great weekend

2. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

put my $ where my mouth is, over $20K in inverses: broken downtrend in uvxy uvxy19augbrokendowntrend.jpg

fdly19aug1.jpg fdly19aug2.jpg

3. Hi Ken, Actually, Tuesday two hours before the close was the optimal time to go short for a trade. RSI indicators were screaming overbought for 75% of the market. DIA, SPY, IYT, IWM, XLF, XLB, XLI, XLU, XLY, XLP, most having RSI in the 75 range. The last time the market was that technically overbought was the first week of November last year. Makes for one of the easiest trades there is. The only reason I sold half of my position at the close today was because the meme crowd is more active and unpredictable. I'll have to see what's happening Monday as to whether or not I go back all in short to continue the trade. If last November is a guide, we could potentially see 2 or 3 weeks of selling. Good Luck

KCalhoun and jbusse like this.
  4. easymon1

easymon1

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Right, 20s a good target, but I trade tight, eg trail stops at 2dlows, or sell gaps .3 under premkt lows

6. easymon1

easymon1

Wow, that was quick, thanks KC. Wonder what all the hyenas are up to today, lol.
    hyenas.jpg

KCalhoun likes this.
  7. SammyJ

SammyJ

Ken your an embarrassment . I thought you left for good ? Your an addict . I assure the past 3 months you shorted like crazy and lost 90% of your account .

8. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Completely false, I daytrade long bias ETFs SOXL TQQQ when markets are up (and I swing traded F DIS CGC etc.) Currently I went short the market friday by buying UVXY etc, which will pay off nicely tomorrow if futs stay red.

You sound like you lost 90% of your brain lol

9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Ca-ching!! Yeah here we go, glad I shorted the mkt Friday, long 1040 UVXY etc :D

Current positions, adding up from screencaps above:

UVXY: 1040 shares
    SQQQ: 125
    SOXS: 110
    TZA: 100
    SCO: 35
    KOLD: 60

Will aggro scale in premkt if they go up, or sell if gaps fill > .3

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022
  10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

sold most since gaps not going up, nice profit so far (^_^)

fdly22augsellgapsup.jpg

#10     Aug 22, 2022