Best service that will provide EBS or Reuters real-time data (quotes and volume)

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by stray_cougar, Sep 15, 2007.

1. ...looking for recommendations for a subscription or free service (if either exists) that will show me through quotes or a chart the EBS or Reuters spreads in real-time (hopefully some type of volume, too)

i'm not looking to trade wholesale, just view the data in real time as an indicator

anyone know of something like this? or have a favorite provider?

best regards

2. I get the feeling this doesn't exist. If you want EBS data, you're going to have to cough up quite a bit of change on a monthly basis.

3. ssss

ssss

4. EFX does not provide you with EBS or Reuters pricing or volume. The Oanda price feed will be different than the prices you're getting at EFX, so why would you want to use that for charting?

5. just21

just21

6. ssss

ssss

EFX does not provide you with EBS or Reuters pricing or volume. The Oanda price feed will be different than the prices you're getting at EFX, so why would you want to use that for charting?

1.hotspotfx possible alsov not ,but efx suited for account with 400$ ,hotspotfx with 7500$

Open account with 400$ lower risk ,but would some more expensiver to trade spot by efx as future fx by infinity

2. indikativ only ,for test

autor compared in one time quote from proedge,mgforex,efx,
    oanda

All was different ...

3. Reuters is very good ,clear but before pay for any service
    must have some perfomance

Some operator from australia performed by fxcm.com contest
    855% on capital 3000$ in month

After this kind of result to pay for Reuters or EBS
    135 $ would have reason ,but brokers must be divided
    alsov for small capital ( minimize legal and technical risk)

7. Thanks everyone for the feedback so far...

let me clarify again though (due to some comments above), i have a broker and platform; i'm just looking for ebs and/or reuters quotes & volume-- as these are perhaps the best representation of the true wholesale market--to use only as an indicator and also to use as a backup reference to make sure my platform is performing correctly

The service that just21 mentioned looks like the only serious option mentioned so far (thanks) -- is a little steep but not considering what you're getting if it works without a lag...

any others please chime in - ?

P.S. ssss can you please clarify what you are saying here:

8. hotspotfx, offered higher tic resolution, more tics per second then the current feed I have. I don't 'tic' trade fx as much, so no need for it.

EBS emailed awhile back they were working on retail solution, not sure how far they have gotten,

was trying to get EBS feed hardline into house, the guy laughed.

9. ssss

ssss

P.S. ssss can you please clarify what you are saying here:

Objective's and means

1.See ,that lot of operators interessed for most best service ,for which must be payed ,but not interessed to demonstrate any perfomance ,before buying this service .

One operator performed in www.fxcm.com
    king of mini contest result 855% in one month on
    capital 3000$ .

Better try to develope tactical skill ,perform victory in contest .

2. Better divide broker's ,they are all not pure agent of principal's
    (EBX exception)

Divide broker from start for small capital with objective divide legal and technology risk

Have had multiple problems with broker's in USA,Germany
    and Swiss