Best low risk investments, Oct 2022

Discussion in 'Fixed Income' started by ValeryN, Oct 26, 2022.

1. ValeryN

ValeryN

With 2023 equities outlook being bleak, what are your best fixed income / low risk ideas for the upcoming few years?

Some US T-bill are currently high 4s%, let's post ideas above this.
    IMO, for <10k US i-bonds are no brainer @ 9.62% ATM.
    In Canada some GICs just touched 5%, not sure if available to outside.

Elitewiz and murray t turtle like this.
  2. If rates are close to peak(?), 4% T-Bills are not bad.... same for Gov bond funds. Of course if rates move significantly higher, you might not want to be holding fixed income. I-bonds good too, but limit is only $10K... I did see where it's under consideration to raise that max to $30K(??).

murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    I like some local US banks that pay not near 5%;
    but low risk + free coffee. Some dividends ETFs that paid 2% + 4.1%
    INvesting in US stocks\ETFs\especially QQQ tech stuff may not clear JAN start date , for 2022or JAN2023.
    Lower risk ideas include; some short term trades, +my business\
    still short term bullish on SPY benchmark. as of lunch, for OCT.
    About the best specific risk reward for the whole year + coming years, i mentioned it to another trader this week; nice clothes we haven't worn in past 12 months+\,
    give them away to Goodwill or Hope Ministry.
    I've looked @ real estate tax sale foreclosures + done that; pays 10%.But gasoline was cheaper when i did that....................................:caution::caution:

ValeryN likes this.
  4. I just bought 24000 USD T-bills leather for 2 years and own short term 30000 CDs as well as 4500 USD iBonds. Having said this; the website for treasury direct is CRAP! Slow, confusing typical Gov. crappy product. Your iBonds are locked up for a year BTW. My wife's IRA account (mostly in cash) I average into the market with a monthly purchase and covered call etfs (XYLD, QYLD, RYLD) paying 12-13-percent.

KCalhoun and ValeryN like this.
  5. 2rosy

2rosy

tbt was a no brainer
    CME WMT BRK-B
    slowly AMZN GOOGL
    or any other monopolies out there

6. Good Morning ValeryNm

A good low risk guaranteed income for years to come is:

1. Find a good paying full time job. GURANTEED money to day to day

2. Invest in job 401K in SP 500 index. GURANTEED money for years and years and decades to come.

That is all I know.

Keep it Simple.

7. MKTrader

MKTrader

Almost every financial planner and so-called "expert" agrees with you. It's fine if you're okay trading your time for money the rest of your life and not really enjoying travel/hobbies/leisure/charity work/etc. until you're old and probably not in good enough health to do much.

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  8. Hello MKTrader,

If you have a better option then 1 and 2, I would love to hear it.

murray t turtle likes this.
  9. MKTrader

MKTrader

There are some. Trading works for a VERY small group of people (not nearly as many as vendors or people on here seem to think). Real estate and multiple sources of passive income from legit online/offline businesses are the most probable route...but you have to work REALLY hard for a few years to set everything up....and it take some time to maintain, but not like a 40-80 hour as week J-O-B.

10. Hello MKTrader,

Thanks for the response sir.

Yes, I understand. I will stick with my full time job/career and max out 401K to government limits in SP500 index. I do not want to risk money on business starting and for sure lose. I will never quit my full time job.

Starting business is too much work and most fail and will fail.

Trading ES futures market is the best feeling and job on this planet as well on the side. It is truly a blessing to trade it daily.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2022
    #10     Oct 26, 2022