(best laptop 2017) EZ, Alienware, MSI

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rc89trading, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Hi I'm looking for a new trading laptop. More importance on specs and screen size over portability. It will be what i use to trade from when at home (hooked into a multi monitor set-up) and travel with. Although i know the highest specs you'd maybe use in gaming may be overkill, I'd rather go in with a overly spec'd machine vs trying to save a few hundred backs or even a few k.

I have seen some older threads on the topic but looking for any newer input. Any adivce on MSA, Alienware, EZ, others?

2. Handle123

Handle123

I think Falcon is one of the best for making trading laptops, but baby you are going to spend Coin on their laptops. I filled out all the bells and whistles on my next laptops and came to 4 grand. But here is the thing, each laptop you check, you always going to compare it to them, if you find a better deal, am all ears.

Am not an expert in computers but have bought enough of them, if you into gaming, you need speed on display, whereas in trading better to have fast internet speed, 12gb ram or higher-preferably 32gb, 17 inch monitor or bigger, SSD, Intel core i7 and long power cord.

Alienware makes a fine machine as well, bought one years ago and still working for backtesting I do.

https://claytrader.com/blog/trading-computer-comparison/

3. Nereto

Nereto

15-inch Macbook Pro

Baron likes this.
  4. Get any 'gaming' laptop...they're all virtually the same. Just get the cheapest.

The main requirements are, or should be:
    17" screen. 3840x2160 4K display. GTX 1060+ graphics card :)o_O ...and SSD and ram, the more the better.

I think MSI has some of these spec models for around $2100, more or less, on eBay.

5. Thanks for the input I'll look into those. I currently have a Macbook Pro but I find when i run Metastock Xenith through parallels, the screen display does not show very crisp and sharp as it's not designed around the mac resolution. Also running a multi monitor, etc set up i thought best to have a dedicated trading computer hence why I'm chosing to go PC. Even though I love mac and a mac user for everything else (which i can bacially do from a Ipad Pro)

6. wartrace

wartrace

Don't have much advice regarding brand but take a look at B&H photo when looking for a place to buy. I recently upgraded my PC and bought everything from them. No sales tax and free shipping. Also they will ship the same day if ordered in the morning.

Compare the prices; they usually beat Tigerdirect and Amazon.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/

7. algofy

algofy

MacBook Pro? Gtx1060 or higher, 12 Mb of ram?? Strange advice....ohh wait, it's ET, it's all starting to make sense.

8. hi algofy... What would you suggest? I didn't think the GTX1060 and 12 GB ram was a far off but I'm open to be schooled? thanks

9. algofy

algofy

Well for a non gaming computer a 1060+ is massively overkill. Also, nothing wrong with 12 gb of ram, it's just odd to be quoted that way, usually it's quoted in 8-16-32 intervals.

Best place to get a computer is computerlx.com

10. i see i see,,, as long as it can handle multi monitor (3), charting apps, etc i guess is what I need (but more power is better than less)... thanks

#10     Feb 19, 2017