Best Charting Software?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by jayr95241, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Hey Guys,

I currently use Sierra Charting for Market Profile and IBKR for candle sticks.
    I am leaving IBKR and don't love the charting with my new broker...

Any thoughts on what the best charting software is for trading equities?

I've heard some mention Esignal which has a Market Profile add on.

Would love to hear any insight you guys might have. Thanks.

sycamoreintern and Elvilimon197 like this.
  2. ZBZB

ZBZB

Sierra chart has market profile and candle sticks but does not seem to have a stocks datafeed.

www.windotrader.com is market profile but no candlesticks works with www.iqfeed.net

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    sycamoreintern likes this.
  3. Thanks, I have real time Data on Sierra for a fraction of cost...I don't like there candle stick charts...It can take a while to move between symbols and timeframes.

4. henry76

henry76

Sierra chart time frames can be switched by inputting a number and press enter , easiest of any charting package I know of to change time frames ,( I've used most of em ) and f7 and f8 to switch chart books.( also does have live stocks data feed, which is a few dollars more).

yc47ib, sycamoreintern and jayr95241 like this.
  5. ZBZB

ZBZB

cobco and sycamoreintern like this.
  6. themickey

themickey

Isn't there a limit Sierrachart place on the number of stocks you can have on a watchlist/data feed?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  7. henry76

henry76

I think std package is 500 or 750 or something , but when I used it for stocks I paid a bit extra and downloaded 1500 ( sp500 600 400), but is all on website . Though that might be end of day data , though you can do live also, (been a while).

8. themickey

themickey

I looked at SC web site, I found it difficult to find the information today.
    From what I could piece together looking today, the more # of stocks, the greater they bill you monthly.
    I was using SC several years ago on futures, but a year or so ago looked at them again for trading stocks but was put off the idea because of the fact they can't easily handle thousands of stock and they would charge like a wounded bull for that type service.

9. Bekim

Bekim

I like Tradestation

10. henry76

henry76

In the past I too have used tradestation for many years , not sure updated version is much of an improvement , as regards sierra , 750 real time for $50 and I think eod and intraday non live comes with std package as many as you want more or less . Currently I use sierra and metastock.

#10     Feb 27, 2021