best broker for future options (all the CME..)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by marioros, Aug 30, 2011.

1. marioros

marioros

dear folks, which is for you the best broker about future options buying /selling ?

To be considered :
    - good platform to trade (speed execution, correct time frame , flunt data access)
    - better if the more modern instruments are present (volatilty analisis, what if scenarios, portfolio margin management....)
    - not need to heavy day trading activity
    - easy and power use of options spreads
    - use of SPAN margins
    - possibility to trade all the options (or the maximum part) present in CME
    - cost non so expensive per trade (or better, per closing...)

For exemple: TOS lacks most commodities options ; IB seem sto have a margin policy (and most of all, a closing policy) really strict.....

What do you think about it ?
    Which will be the best compromise ?
    thanks to all

2. Hello Mario, not sure if you found a broker already.

I think if you are looking to trade futures - then online would make most sense to you. Cheap commissions, quick and usually good fills with many platforms.

When you look to trade futures options, I think you will have a harder time doing it on line on your own, unless you really know what you are doing. The bid ask, the leverage that can ealily work against you, time decay, rolling options spreads as a package & and much more.

When it comes to options brokers - and I am one - I think you need to balance the service you get with the price you pay.

Also, you can try and find a broker who provides you an online platform and also allows you to call in real time for trading advice.

Hope this helps.

Good trading and good luck!

David

TRADING FUTURES AND FUTURES OPTIONS CAN CARRY A SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF LOSS. PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTUES RESULTS. ONLY RISK CAPITAL SHOULD BE USED.