Bernanke too slow to cut rates?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by a529612, May 7, 2007.

1. WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT, THE FRIGGEN MARKETS ARE MAKING ALL TIME HIGHS

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE ASS HOLES. THIS SHIT IS WALL STREET PUTTING PRESSURE ON THAT PUSSY FED CHAIRMAN.

2. How would the markets (indices, treasury futures, currencies, etc) react, if the Fed surprised the Street with a 25bps cut on Wednesday?

3. Dude, what is wrong with you? I've watched your posts start out around normalcy and gradually progress to the "foaming at the mouth" one right here.

Are you just losing money on shorts nonstop or something?

4. Oh just fed up with propaganda coming out of the financial news houses.

Here we are making all time highs, corporations earnings are just fine, and here we have a made up crisis to pressure the new fed chairman, and thats all it is.

5. S2007S

S2007S

They talk about growth stalling and yet where does one see it?? The housing sector right? It doesnt seem to hurt wallstreet, stocks continue to advance higher as the corporate profits slow and the housing sector falls off a cliff. What does it matter, there is no need to cut rates, I keep hearing that the VERY STRONG ECONOMIES around the world are helping the U.S from sliding into recession.

But I bet if bernanke "surprises" everyone on wednesday and cuts, the whole market will go crazy and get excited over a rate cut...WHY???

Dont WORRY, WEDNESDAY will bring the SAME EXACT wording as it was said in the last FED STATEMENT, nothing new will come out of it, they will say, were still worried about inflation but there is moderate growth within the economy, blah, blah, blah, blah. After its all said and done the bulls can cheer again and boost the DOW another 200-300 points.

6. S2007S

S2007S

there should be nothing to worry about in this economy when the stock market rises day after day after day.....:D

7. Suprise rate cut would be bad for the dollar. Lower Dollar would be more inflationary, and last I checked inflation was the enemy. Until there is a fall-off of energy and food prices and the equities start to bleed, he can't cut even if he wants to just to appease the market bulls.

This is a much different animal than Greeny ever had to deal with. If anything, Greenspan kept rates too low for too long, handing his succsessor a daunting task of finding a balance. A rate cut at this point could prove lethal to the markets.

8. There's no rate cut coming. Get over it.

That being said, Dow 14,000. 100% up room to go $$$

9. I'm with you brother. I'm making money somehow, but I think most of what's going on in the markets is bullshit.

I actually can't bring myself to be part of the 100% up room to go crowd no matter how much I want to make money. I don't like the levels of margin people are using, the coming slowdown, the sliding dollar value, etc.

The fact that Bernanke doesn't say, "fuck your housing crisis and any spillover it has, suffer the consuquences" because it's a bubble that needs to correct itself...Americans can't continue to spend the way they/we have unless there is a rate cut and all that will do is band-aid the problem. Housing won't see another bull run like it did in the last few years for another 10-15 years at least.

There's money to be made, but the markets irrationality when they go up following bad economic sign after sign is just disturbing to me. :D

#10     May 7, 2007