Bernanke Getting Reamed

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Some senator asked how much money can be borrowed from the discount window. "Is there any theoretical limit?"

Bernanke, dumbfounded at the question, answered by saying "The Fed Reserve has $900 billion on its balance sheets." Then said he has other mechanisms if they used up the entire balance.

:D

#11     Jul 15, 2008
  2. Joab

Joab

Your all still fools.

Bernake is just the messenger / puppet.

Daddy Bush and his oil company buddies are the real enemies of America and the reason your all fucked.

#12     Jul 15, 2008
  3. G-Boa

G-Boa

ok 5m break...

FED has $900b (i thought it was $800b, pre-$200b MBS swap)....see where printing your own wealth can get you, lol!! i.e. they can handle anything, no worries, except in your mind.

he hinted at FRE and FNM gonna raise capital through stock offering...maybe from gov/taxpayer, or an i-banks deal??

#13     Jul 15, 2008
  4. Where did the "FED" come up with almost 1 trillion?

Thank you US taxpayer and the interest you pay on your national debt. The more the debt the more the profits for the paper issuers!
    Isn't it a transfer of $$$ out of the US treasury into private hands?
    Follow the money folks, the truth is there, at the end of that path.

Has anyone here been calculating the monthly/yearly interest on the national debt and who benefits from that income stream? (out of thin air I might add)
    Very nice enterprise

#14     Jul 15, 2008
  5. Last night on CNN, Lou Dobbs said Bernake was doing a great job:D I almost couldn't believe my ears.

#15     Jul 15, 2008
  6. G-Boa

G-Boa

paulson telling the world to relax, don't panic, else you will almost all be screwed.

minimizing taxpayer risk - creative bailout solutions, inc.!!

capital backstop on FNM and FRE

treasury to protect u.s. taxpayer

FED and treasury club vs the world (with help from the senate)

#16     Jul 15, 2008
  7. Perhaps it is more uncomfortable if you're tense while they conduct their business?

#17     Jul 15, 2008
  8. G-Boa

G-Boa

lol, "we have no plan" - but we have unlimited taxpayer resources, but we're trying not to go there because we're trying the positive psychological route first....

#18     Jul 15, 2008
  9. G-Boa

G-Boa

and in my left hand we have crude/energy taking a swandive and lovely general market reaction....

"stick around, i've got frankenstein coming up next"

#19     Jul 15, 2008
  10. <b>SEC proposes limits on shorting Fannie, Freddie shares: CNBC</b>

#20     Jul 15, 2008