Because it never really gets old...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Dec 5, 2012.

1. The day of debt reckoning, dumbass.

#11     Dec 5, 2012
  2. For that we will see what happens to Bush because he will be first in line.

you do know that Clinton left him with a surplus, right.:D.

#12     Dec 5, 2012
  3. Ricter

Ricter

That day is when the principal on the debt is due in full, which is some unknown day during the lifetime of the last generation of Americans. Most of it will be payable to... the last generation of Americans.

Until then we will continue to make small, timely payments, and we will issue new debt.

#13     Dec 5, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Timely payments? On what, the interest we owe, New debt? Yeah and added to all the previous debt we haven't even begun to pay back = more debt.

#14     Dec 5, 2012
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

He's completely delusional.

#15     Dec 6, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

I get that economics in general and the optimum size of government is debatable.

I do not get how anyone could actually think that continuing our current deficit spending is somehow a good thing.

#16     Dec 6, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That's precisely what Keynesians think.

#17     Dec 6, 2012
  8. Why is it liberals think ALL TRENDS continue unabated ad infinitum without punctuation, pause or self limiting constraints?

ex, economics, global whining

It's truly a sophomoric if not a childish expectation.

#18     Dec 6, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

It was just a year or so ago that Bob Beckel and other liberals were given a talking point that the size of the debt doesn't matter. Many of them kept repeating this line for about a month before they figured out that it was not well received and everyone dropped repeating it.

But, you know they still believe in this fallacy.

#19     Dec 6, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Because they believe the talking heads on the subject without doing their own research? I don't know. Being a liberal is certainly happier, as truth is not necessary to live your life.

#20     Dec 6, 2012