Bear Trading Comments ??

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by jakeUP, Jun 15, 2010.

1. jakeUP

jakeUP

Hi Everyone,

long time lurker, but was no real reason to post before.
    Really switching considering switching to Bear.

My questions are:

the guys that switched from Anvil -how are the mods - do they really help?
    how is their support ?
    do they pay out on time?
    do they keep to their word on commissions? I know I got a great offer, but I don't want it to be rescinded in X time - has that happened before to anyone?
    are their risk guys reasonable? From the conversations we had - they seem to be obsessed of keeping the firm safe- but does that mean they will punch me out evrery 10 seconds? They say no, but I want to hear actual experiences.

overall comments?

Please limit responses to people that actually trade (or have recently traded with them). Both negative and positive - but not conjecture.

Thanks.

Jake

2. Jake,

I've been with Bear guys for longer then I care to remember. They are extremely upfront guys and very accomodating, not to mention smart and pleasant.

as far as your questions:

the guys that switched from Anvil -how are the mods - do they really help?

I haven't traded on Anvil (although I did trade on Hammer many years ago). The mods are fantastic. I can't tell you about switching specifically from Anvil itself, but the stuff that the mods do are pretty good. Maybe some of the guys that switched from Anvil can chime in better here
    PS: i've been touting "modded" laser for a while now, so you can look at my previous posts.

how is their support ?
    extremely fast, knowledgeable and accommodating. All the support personal are traders by trade themselves, so they know exactly what I (at least) am talking about.
    The automated desk is even better. Very pleasant to work with.

do they pay out on time?

never has been an issue

do they keep to their word on commissions? I know I got a great offer, but I don't want it to be rescinded in X time - has that happened before to anyone?

never has been an issue. These guys have been around for a long time and keep a very good reputation.

are their risk guys reasonable? From the conversations we had - they seem to be obsessed of keeping the firm safe- but does that mean they will punch me out evrery 10 seconds? They say no, but I want to hear actual experiences.

while risk admins may seem trigger happy - they are really not, although are strict. Don't play cowboy and you won't get shot? Is that how the saying goes?

In any event, a great A+ firm.

3. I can pretty much echo everything ESQ said. I have been with the Bear Capital Fund guys for more than 5 years.

The support is always quick and professional. The guys trade themselves so they know the urgency of individual trading issues.

Never had an issue with getting paid whatsoever.

As far as commissions go. They keep their word. In fact mine have got better over the years.

The risk guys are very reasonable. Probably only a problem if you're in way over your head and are gambling.

I think it would be tough to find a better firm.

Red