Bailout guarantees Goldman CEO 70M salary

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by andrasnm, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Remember how Obama/Bush/Paulson/Pelosi/Bernake/McCain/.... all told us the "financial resuce" plan was going to cap outrageous CEO salaries, shore up the stock market, reign in corruption.............

Bull F'ing shit, more like guaranteeing a 70M salary for a CEO who (along with Paulson) drove Goldman Sachs into the ground.

Oct. 15 (Bloomberg) -- Goldman Sachs Group Inc.'s Lloyd Blankfein, whose $70.3 million paycheck made him Wall Street's most highly compensated chief executive officer last year, could still earn tens of millions annually under the bank-rescue plan run by his former boss, Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson.

http://bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&sid=ajjeFgtmfWuA&refer=home

2. wave

wave

You want to put an end to this nonsense, stop paying your bills and taxes. Everyone all at once. You will see how fast they stop the corruption crap. The people hold the power.

3. funny you should say that, I am actually thinking stopping my mortgage payment, I am upside down with my house and fuck me if I pay these greedy, fucking parasites a dollar more, I am waiting to a bailout where they mark my house down and refinance. I am seriously considering skipping with a few payments and claim hardship, fuck man I am in the stock market after all.....

4. ... I made the exact same post in the exact same section an hour before you did..

5. This is an actual possibility but sadly only with lender participation. We have friends (in a quite a different circumstance) who are paying $2500 for some "agency" to negotiate with the lender AND REFI. Hell, I bought my house 2 years ago in Sacto, it will be 10 years to go back to that price maybe 75%.....it looks bad...RE wise....

6. get your pitchforks ready...

CHICAGO - The sheriff here said Wednesday that he’s ordering his deputies to stop evicting people from foreclosed properties because many people his office has helped throw out on the street are renters who did nothing wrong.

“We will no longer be a party to something that’s so unjust,” a visibly angry Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart said at a news conference.

7. Something I don't understand , homeowners: what do you care if you are upside down , you bought the house to live in it , not as an investment right ? Why should anyone bail you out now `? If the market had kept going up , you would be calling yourself a genius like you were back in 04.

8. A good question. There is a little thing about cashflow problem and location! I am driving my daughter to Davis way too much and in Natomas we I bought, we hardly have a reason to stay anymore. Selling is out of a question.... :(
    OK, renting a house in Davis would cost almost as much but there is more to home ownership than just a place to live. If we were to enter high inflation staying in a fixed 6 1/8 mortgage woukd be OK, on the other hand if we enter a deflation (more likely) I would need as much cash as the next guy (and fuck the banks and lenders). I am watching and weighing.....

9. Isn't that reasoning behind the kind of troubles we are having with subprimes ? People should not be allowed to walk away from their home like this . You sound like a bad trader who doesn't want to take responsibility for his losses.

10. "shoulds and woulds" - if, IFs and BUTs were candy and nuts we should have a very Merry Christmas....
    IF....
    losing CEO's should not get bailed out for 70'mill, we should not attack countries without impunity and we should never have had a fucking dolt like Bush for a president. Shall I go on? We(I) just do what our fucking, so called "leaders" do, it is self preservation and I do not care for your pep talk. Revolution is coming!

#10     Oct 15, 2008