Backwards Britain

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by AbPQuant, Jan 1, 2007.

1. dhpar

dhpar

lol - polite way to say you are an idiot.

#21     Jan 2, 2007
  2. AbPQuant

AbPQuant

LOL. No I do have a British Passport. I just don't know.

#22     Jan 2, 2007
  3. Mvic

Mvic

Maybe you show too much enthusiasm/desperation in your interviews. It is obviously something about the way you interview as you are getting the 1st interview based on what they see on paper. Get someone to give you a candid asssesment of your interview style and how you can improve. The Brits especially like to see a bit of reserve. My response to the UBS guys would have been,"Well, if you hire me now DB won't get the chance." Don't know what dhpar is smoking but I would ignore him.

#23     Jan 2, 2007
  4. dhpar

dhpar

:D
    you obviously don't. I was unlucky enough to interview people for IB jobs for past few years (in London). Fortunately I didn't usually come into play before second or third round so I could not have met this guy...

by the way that quote (about training time) must be originally coming from Dilbert....

#24     Jan 2, 2007
  5. 23k/year in the UK has got to hurt considering how everything is more expensive over there.
    Move to the USA buddy, no other country compares in terms of opportunities for growth.

#25     Jan 2, 2007
  6. dhpar

dhpar

or stay in London and you will be able to buy a house in US for GBP23k equivalent very soon.....

#26     Jan 2, 2007
  7. AbPQuant

AbPQuant

Yeah, I like the USA. I read once of a Nigerian guy who have only been in the US for a few years and became VP at Credit Suisse.Now that is opportunity for all. I will jump on the chance to come to America but it's not that easy with visa and stuff.

#27     Jan 2, 2007
  8. AbPQuant

AbPQuant

If I was that desperate, then I will be begging them. I want the job so bad but at the same time I have to be professional about it. I can't really go to an interview and be telling them my sad story. The feedback I have got from the agencies are quite good. I guess that is why there are putting me forward for other roles. I am just not getting the job.

I remember M&G after the second interview they came back saying, there was some restructuring taking place so they have to put it on hold.

Thanks for the advice.

#28     Jan 2, 2007
  9. dhpar

dhpar

man - you are hopeless...

#29     Jan 2, 2007
  10. you mind telling your age?

and where u obtained ur degree from?

#30     Jan 3, 2007