Back testing multiple time frame?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by limcheese22, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Hi,

Back testing as in historical candlestick appear tick by tick.

I know meta trader can do that but only in one time frame.

anyone know how to manual back test historical data in multiple time frame?

2. Mtrader

Mtrader

What exactly do you want to do:
    1. see results of different timeframes in 1 chart
    2. use calculations from different timeframes as input for other timeframes. Example:use calculations of dailies as part of calculations of weeklies.
    Ninjatrader has a reply mode. In that mode you can replay past data in different timeframes simultaneously. So you see the continuous evolution of your charts at various speeds that you can select.
    There are also possibilities in Tradestation, but depends of what exactly you want to do.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  3. Hi,

I just want to practice my price action skill on multiple time frame

4. M.ST.

M.ST.

Since when is that ancient software Metatrader being able to process tick data?? Tick data wasn't available at times when dinosaurs were playing vous les vous coucher avec moi.

Other than that I'm not quite understanding what you are actually trying to do specifically too.

5. Mtrader

Mtrader

Can you explain more specifically what you mean.
    Price action can be almost anything to me. Is it just watching prices or do you watch graphic charts too?
    You can copy one timeframe screen to another timeframe and run them next to each other simultaneously. So I think that is what you want to do.

6. K-Pia

K-Pia

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ^^

7. lindq

lindq

InvestorRT at linnsoft.com. Multiple timeframes, multiple instruments, whatever.

8. M.ST.

M.ST.

Pardon my French but while writing it I thought those first letters are a bit overrated so it was about time to do something about it and to come up with something different.... poetic licence, making readers think, looking for deeper significance and such crazy nonsense stuff....

9. K-Pia

K-Pia

No worry about your french XD
    I got what you have intended to say.
    Actually what's funny is this sentence,
    Associated with your username (M.S.T)
    Aka .. Maladie Sexuellement Transmissibles.
    Meaning STD or STI in english ;) Protect yourself !

10. M.ST.

M.ST.

It's too late. I'm already lost.

But limcheese22 still can be secured. Go and get him saved... He's the one to save us all (minus me)!

#10     Aug 13, 2016