Back at Topstep trader TST

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by caacapital, Jun 22, 2018.

1. I decided for the summer to do another topstep combine rather than have my live account get chopped up. I passed the first part with 2 resets then i violated the max 2 contracts(they dont allow any exceptions to this rule although it was a error which i get i guess) i was going to reset but im less than 13 trading days from my monthly fee so it doesnt make sense to reset just to be charged another 165 before i can be funded assuming i could have made it in 10 days but i wasnt going to take that risk ill just wait. I was looking at my account to see how much I've spent $1,848 total on combines I had (1) funded account so currently Im
    1848-1500 = $348 in the hole another 165 will come out next month on the 7th hopefully i can stay disciplined and make the required 3000 to get a funded account.

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      60.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      50.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      120.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      121.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Xela and Dervin613 like this.
  2. My step 1 busted out on the FOMC day where i was trying to make quick cash after a few winning days though that after so many loses i was due a win.

• s1.jpg
      s1.jpg
      File size:
      136.3 KB
      Views:
    • s2.jpg
      s2.jpg
      File size:
      92.7 KB
      Views:
    • s3.jpg
      s3.jpg
      File size:
      138.5 KB
      Views:
  3. volente_00

volente_00

$1848 over how much time?

4. the first post has the pictures of the payments to Tst started Oct 2017 but i guess would say March 2018 is when i started actually paying for it. I tried it in Oct 2017 failed and didnt do it again seriously until March

5. Thats nothing compared to how much you could lose on the live account. Id say youre doing well

6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

What's causing your discipline problems...trading issues or personal issues ???

wrbtrader

7. Normal trading issues where having so many winning days makes me feel as if I will eventually get that big winner. Everyone’s issue letting a small loss turn into a bigger loss

8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I'm curious, when you say letting a small loss turn into a bigger loss...does that mean you would put in an initial stop loss and then change it to a bigger stop loss during the active trade or does it mean you would put in an initial stop loss and then completely remove the stop loss during the active trade or does it mean you did not have a stop protection and was trying the manage the losing trade without stops ???

You backtested your trade method as in you know the statistics of your trade method so that you will know if/when you have a big winner and any other stats that's within or outside your statistical norm ???

wrbtrader

9. My stops go in automatically normally there are times when I enter a trade on error or try to go for a few ticks. From all my data I have about a 30% win rate so I go far 4-5x winners typically use a 4 tick stop I’m more comfortable with smaller stops because I know the more trades I do the easier it is to know ok this is wrong.

10. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i think you need to step back and find a edge before you continue trading. nothing can replace hard work put in finding your edge.

#10     Jul 5, 2018
    ElectricSavant likes this.