BABA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Michael J. Fletcher, Mar 23, 2017.

1. What is your price target on this baby?

RAMOUTAR likes this.
  2. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

I just say that the most pleasant here is that BABA moves well these days. It looks wonderful and at the same time has room to increase. It could catch $120-125 in the nearest time.

3. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Your post piqued my interest, and now BABA is on our radar. BABA not in my stable, but will watch. Here's my take:

1) Put/Call Ratio in the $105-$111 strike zones (a/o today's close) are 3:1. The 3/24, 3/31,4/7 and 4/13 P/C ratios lean more toward strong bullish implied volatility. Overall bullish, subject to mkt. change.
    2) Insider/Institutional activity (6 months, quarter before last, respectively): Nil to none, or just "plain ole" not available. Neutral
    3) Earnings: Report on 5/3. Estimate is +.71 vs. .44 Q1 2016: Appears to be bullish. From a fundamental standpoint, very impressive jump!
    4) Analysts: 39 of them. Price target consensus is $127.15: Bullish until the earnings are reported
    5) Shorts are very high. 13.25% of the float is short. Very bearish. The shorts are either very right, or "very" wrong. Be careful, this will end up has a very hard 50/50. Quite scary, yet very attractive!

We're setting the following: E-here at ~$108, S- $107.23 T- $111.05. Nice R/R/R of 3.89:1

Just providing info. May the trend be with you Michael J. Fletcher...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Hey what service are you using to break out those individual put/call ratios?
    I only get an aggregrate, unless I do it manually.

RAMOUTAR likes this.
  5. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Oh...I forgot to say. IMHO! :D

6. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Hey VZ. It's proprietary bud. We get from exclusive source. I believe you can get similar info from Yahoo Finance.

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Noooooo. Yahoo Finance doesn't break down P/C ratios for certain expiration's. Hell Fidelity ATP doesn't even do it.
    What exclusive source?! This isn't top secret stuff here. The data all comes from the exchanges.
    Name names Rambo.

Where's Robert Morse when I need him. :)

RAMOUTAR likes this.
  8. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Fletcher, I will play this...if and when I enter BABA, hoping not to get robbed by Ali Baba and The Forty Thieves. :sneaky: . Thanks for the trading idea.

9. RAMOUTAR

RAMOUTAR

Neither my source, nor Yahoo Finance are real time "just closing prices". Regardless, you can find expirations on Yahoo Finance right here:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BABA/options?p=BABA

Toggle top left of displayed chain for different expiry...

Okay now some positive spirited fun...

You put thoughts into data, it becomes the data, you put the data into a quote, it becomes the quote, you put the quote into the source, it becomes the source. Be the thoughts my friends :D

Peace VZ!:D

10. vanzandt

vanzandt

I know all that silly.
    Perhaps I misunderstood you.
    I thought you were saying you had the ability to get a p/c ratio for a particular expiration date across all strikes without doing it manually using the push of a button. Like this particular page... http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/baba/option-chain?dateindex=5 .... If I wanted to know the P/C ratio of Oct '17 expirations, I'd have to break out a calculator.
    Oh well... never mind. No biggie RB.

#10     Mar 23, 2017