BABA: The bear case

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Chuck Krug, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Alibaba had reported their amazing "Singles Day" sales figure of $25.3 Billion of fake GMV.
    To put this figure in perspective, this year, "Singles Day" GMV came in at just a few billion more than the annual revenue of Sears/K-Mart (140,000 employees and 1,500 locations world-wide)..... again, I'll repeat that..... Alibaba sold, shipped and delivered the annual, global, sales volume of Sears/K-Mart in just one day! ....800 Million orders to deliver! Incredible! Bravo!.....all those guys on the tuk-tuks, scooters and bicycles must be exhausted......

https://deep-throat-ipo.blogspot.be/2017/11/the-blob.html

zdreg, vanzandt and Chris Mac like this.
  2. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Excellent ! BABA says Yes WE CAN !

CM

upload_2017-11-20_12-16-4.png

3. I've ridden a tuktuk in south east Asia, didn't see them in Hong Kong as much, i find them quite efficient in their environment. I won't, but you go ahead and short BABA. Report back, let us know how it works out for you.
    https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/china-tuk-tuk.html

4. I don't know what you are talking about. The issue is that it is very hard to verify sales/profit margins/etc.

5. You mean you can't believe the numbers. Go ahead and short BABA based on your accusations.

6. Lylec> Are you long and nervous?

7. Looking at the price chart... IMV says, "no bear case to be made right here".

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  8. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Neither a bull case !
    You don't buy close to overbought historical highs :).

CM

vanzandt likes this.
  9. Disagree. Bull case "intact" until either "topping guess at exhaustion" or sufficient breakdown. Neither at this time.

Or perhaps I'm reading your post incorrectly.... are you saying "buy to close" on a short position? If so, the short was wrong and still probably is.

10. Chris Mac

Chris Mac

Well, as Baruch, I always sell too early :). I am a trend follower but I won't follow infinitely.
    So I prefer take profits with 100% certainty a bit too early rather than waiting for a confirmation of the exhaustation of the bull case and lose a big part of my profits!
    My 2 cents.

CM

#10     Nov 20, 2017