Avoid TopStep....from a former Topstep cheerleader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by SelfMadeDude, Feb 27, 2022.

1. I used to be a fervent Topstep defender. Even took $5K in profit withdrawals.....

On a funded swing trading micro account.....they closed out a position that I was planning to hold into the weekend....

The attachment says it all.....the market opened at minus 100 SNP points....the position they closed for no good reason was a 1-micro MES position.

I repeat.. The attachment says it all.. No rule violation but they thought it best to close my short position.. Enough said.

Thinking of doing another Combine with OneUp.

-G. Jo

MACD and bookish like this.
  2. I mean... It's just one micro, no one is perfect. If his math was wrong, it was wrong.

SelfMadeDude likes this.
  3. Yeah, that does suck though ES closed just under Daily resistance..... after we had a pretty big and consistent move down. Was a pro short he had on there. But yeah in the end no matter what or where you trade, there will be a mistake made somewhere, by someone or a machine error etc. Just have to keep on moving forward and try not to let it effect you too much.

Nobert and SelfMadeDude like this.
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

LOL TopStep, nor can you or anyone else, predict the market and that is why they didn't let you keep the position on over a crazy wild volatile weekend.

And that is exactly what I would want from a broker.

Right now TradeStation, who I am with, requires 200% of exchange margin for certain markets ... for daytrade (not overnight) positions.

Again exactly as they should.

BTW there was no error, math or otherwise.

Concinnity likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

At least you made 5K on their dime, minus the money you paid for their eval combine fees. Chalk it up to learning a lesson?

Pekelo and SelfMadeDude like this.

6. Yeah, Tradestation is pretty solid over all. That's currently who I am with. Although ninjatrader platform is pretty decent too.

7. You can't have it both ways.

There was no trader rule violation on my end. They closed the position due to a glitch in their platform. For Pete's sake, I was complaining to them for weeks about account balance discrepancies....lmao.

Had I violated a rule, I understand.

Either way, even with an intact funded account, I instructed them to kill the funded account. Must have been a first. Was too much bullshit to deal with.

8. Absolutely. I have .earned so much and have become a better trader. Thank you specifically for all your previous advice and cheerleading bro. Very much appreciated. Much thanks

Overnight likes this.
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

The consensus on this site is that these firms are bucket shops. You are trading against them, and if you win, they lose. Otherwise their policies would be way more trader friendly...

tomas262, gkishot, traderjo and 2 others like this.
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

Your attachment doesn't show any of that.

#10     Feb 27, 2022