AVGO Fri 4/1

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Ferdinand, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Ferdinand

Ferdinand

I am looking for someone who trades similarly to me to talk with. Not necessarily profit from or get ideas from, just talk with. I love trading, I love talking about trading, and my normal friends are sick of it.

I've worked at a prop firm for 5 years and I pay the bills this way. I'm not awesomely profitable, I'm very much struggling to step up and make more. I trade around 1000 shares for a few minutes. Here is an example of where I'm at. If you're in this ballpark, I'd like to hear from you.

[​IMG]

Currently this is the best set up I see. Break of a daily high that is a round number that has some visible size on the figure.

AVGO touched 157 earlier, sold off, traded 156 as a meaningful level, and then set up to break 157. I had very high conviction on this trade. I wanted to buy 157 and sell 157.50. I thought this would happen relatively quickly, hopefully in a few minutes.

I took a loss on 600 shares buying 156.80-85 and getting out 156.70.

I have been working very hard on getting bigger on my ideas I have greater conviction in and holding longer til a target.

I got back in again 156.93 and added 157.00 for 1400 shares total.

It was tough to hold. I wanted to see a quick and definitive move up. I did not. The spread was like 157.08 - 157.19 for quite a while with prints going off near either end.

After 10 minutes I hit out to 157.19.

To my incredible annoyance there was a quick spike up after this, then it sold off down to 156.75, then up to reach new daily highs.

A lot of this is about where I am at personally.

I'm comfortable with 300-600 shares, and not letting it get out of the money, at all.

The good part of this trade for me is I had higher conviction and I took a larger position and held it longer than I normally do, really giving it a chance to go to the target I had in mind. That was my personal goal and I did it, so even though the trade didn't go exactly how I wanted, I traded how I wanted and followed my plan, which is the most important thing.

If you trade at all similarly to me, a few years of experience, US equities, short term, around 1000 shares, I would like to hear from you.

If you trade a different time frame or on simulation or mostly want to look at the chart and say what I should have done in hindsight, I would prefer you not waste your or my time.

I want to talk to people who trade stocks with real money, hopefully on a similar timeframe, and hear about what you traded, how, and why.

Post here if you want or feel free to PM me.