Avast + Malware Bytes OR MSE + Malware Bytes

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by CPTrader, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Hello,

There are so many differing opinions on the web, so I seek input form traders here.

What is the preferred system protection combination:

Avast + MalwareBytes

OR

MSE + MalwareBytes

OR

Avira + MalwareBytes

Also I have heard that Avast is a resource hog" and that MSE is "slow". Anyone care to comment on this?

Of these three which uses the less resources: Avast, Avira or MSE

Thank you.

2. volente_00

volente_00

Avg free edition

Malware bytes free

Super anti spyware free

Download at a legit site

I only use cnet.com

3. Snapfiles is pretty clean too
    MSE & MalwareBytes does a pretty good job of getting rid of the bad stuff

4. ammo

ammo

advanced system care free version or pay avg is a hog,problem described to me is the info goes thru the malware protection hands first before you get it so its a delay,explainer suggested advanced and i've used it since june '11,no problems

5. this topic has been debated a lot before here but here's my 0.02 USD...

firefox or chrome +adblock+noscript
    MSE
    cccleaner

if you manage to mess up your computer using the above you deserve a virus.

6. gaj

gaj

i use avast, comodo firewall (not avast's), malwarebytes, firefox + adblock + flashblock.

safe sites, but i got one of those "windows xp 2011" equivalent viruses several years ago from either reuters or bloomberg when someone left a driveby injection there.

7. How do you achieve the above? What are the required steps on my machine to get that?

Thank you.

8. How do you achieve the above? What are the required steps on my machine to get that?

Thank you.

9. Thanks Frank!

Of the various "Adblock" addons here, is there one in particular you recommend. When I search I see only one one "Flashblock" but several "Adblock'; listings.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=adblock&appver=18.0&platform=windows

#10     Jan 30, 2013