Autospreaders for stocks.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by rolando87, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Hi I'm looking for trading software tjat can Autospreaders stocks in the same way TT Xtrader can autospread futures... meaning it constantly requotes limit orders to achieve a desired spread price between 2 or more stocks.

Can anyone name examples?

TT if you are reading this it would be amazing if your software could trade stocks.

Thanks.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

3. oversea

oversea

I spent a good deal of time looking for a solution, that wasn't the same, but was similar enough that any 'off the shelf' programs that supported what I needed (or close enough), would also cover what you're looking for.
    As you're probably realizing, it's not a simple find.

How latency sensitive do you need?
    What's your ballpark budget?

4. Isn't that what IB's combo orders do when submitted as REL+MKT or REL+LMT?

5. 2rosy

2rosy

a few years ago I wrote an etf system trading etf against components. whats your budget?

6. I dont think ib requotes the limit order over snd over again. I believe that once your desired spread price is achievable it sends a limit order that removes liquidity and then sends a market order for leg number 2.

This action is quite different from a limit order that is being requoted to try and get hit at the bid (assuming it is trying to buy) and is constantly changing with the market as the legs move up or down.

This method is what TTs autospreader does and it works really well to achieve a desirable spread price without using market orders.

7. Budget isnt very high because I am going to experiment with this and thus not sure if I have a real edge here. I am predominantly a futures trader and just want to apply some of my strategies to stocks.

Id say a few hundred a month is whatd id spend on a piece of software to start out.

8. My plan isnt to trade etfs vs components at least not to start. Im looking to do more pairs trading and maybe triplets to start. and see if it goes anywhere.

Budget again is a few hundred a month.

And preferably wany a piece of software that hooks up to interactive brokers.

9. You also posted an autospreader for IB here on ET when you were still Rosy2. It was a jar file, IRRC, no source code. I think it was called spreaderV1. This was years ago, at least 5 or 6 years ago but the IB API hasn't changed that much.

#10     Feb 18, 2017