automated high probability trades

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by hoodooman, Jul 31, 2011.

1. I have a very high probability trading strategy (greater than 90%) that I would like to automate.

Is there a charting program available where the day trades are executed automatically when the price coincides with the value of a special indicator that I have developed. The program then sends either a long or short trade to the broker as well its corresponding stop loss order.

The trade is closed at the discretion of the trader.

Please excuse me for being so uninformed about this subject, as I never expected to be in a position where I would need to consider automated trading.

Thanks for any replies.

2. Eight

Eight

Sierrachart, Openquant, Ninjatrader, Amibroker, Multicharts, Tradestation, to name a few just off the top of my head.

An inexperienced programmer might best start with Ninjatrader, it's documented the best of all I've seen/used, maybe Tradestation is as good, I used it years ago and I do recall some headaches. Possibly Amibroker is documented that well, I've looked at it, even paid for license once but never used it. Openquant makes you fish all over to find examples and sometimes they don't exist, I can make it through the programming day but it's not always easy... AMIBroker has a feature-rich interface to Interactive Brokers, maybe the best in that regard and it's the fastest by far, not that fast computing makes much difference in light of the internet latency times... Multicharts uses Easy Language, same as Tradestation but I've found that I can generate things faster in C++ than Easy Language once I mastered the environment... I'm a self taught software writer, other people's mileage might vary a good bit... the initial learning curve is not as steep with Easy Language...

3. Thanks 8, can you check this stuff out without subscribing and thanks again for the reply.

By the way my automated trading will require the analysis of about ten charts each day and no more than two trades per chart. Will amibroker do that?

4. Loki45

Loki45

Ninjatrader lets you program your own indicator as well as your trading program that uses your indicator as input. Both could be programmed without any knowledge of the programming language (NinjaScript) using a program editor, although with limited capabilities compared to using the language.

5. thanks loki45. Do you think it will handle at least 10 charts simultaneously?

6. I think it can, but can't confirm 100%.

FoN

7. Loki45

Loki45

I also think it is possible, but I don't think you could do it without line-by-line NinjaScript programming. Working with 10 different data series is a little challenging, but feasible.

8. Loki45:I also think it is possible, but I don't think you could do it without line-by-line NinjaScript programming. Working with 10 different data series is a little challenging, but feasible.
    --------------------------------------
    Now I getting worried. These tend different charts are for 10 different stocks each trading day.

I'll try it myself but if I can't pull it off, what do you think a professional programmer would charge to do it?

9. High prob based on what? Real trades or sim?

Meaning that you want automated entries but manual exits?

I get the impression you - like many others here - grossly underestimate what is involved in establishing a robust and reliable automated strategy. To start with you have to spend a lot of

$$$$$$$$$$

10. BCE

BCE

#10     Jul 31, 2011