ATS Programmer/Developer Wanted

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by CPTrader, Aug 4, 2010.

1. I am looking for a programmer/developer/consultant who can assist me in building an automated trading system to trade via a broker's API/FIX.

If you are experienced in the area and are interested please send me a PM.

Thanks.

2. januson

januson

What are your skills?

3. I am looking to hire someone for their skills, so why the question about my skills?

4. januson

januson

You wrote "assist me", it could be that you should program and another should test it or somewhat work together as a developer team.

5. My apologies for the ambiguity.

The "assistance" I will provide is in providing specifications for the project. I need a developer/programmer to execute/implement the specs.

I thought that was obvious, but hopefully all ambiguity is now clear.

6. gtor514

gtor514

Who's the broker and whose API are you using? You may have better luck posting on the support forum for that particular Broker/API you plan to use.

I suggest you investigate the possibility of compartmentalizing your project. Develop separately three portions of your system...

1.) use your brokers API to place orders
    2.) use a separate data vendors API to write data to history for processing and backtesting.
    3.) write a app to process the data and make trading decisions.

You see what I'm saying? You may have a broker whose great at processing orders but whose data feed sucks. You also want to be able to pick up the whole operation and move to another broker in which case you only have to rewrite one piece of your project. Another benefit of compartmentalizing is that you will be able to team with several people who can work on step 3 which is the biggest and most important part.

7. I am STILL looking for a programmer/developer/consultant who can build for me an automated trading system to trade via a broker's API.

If you are experienced in the area and are interested please send me a PM.

Thanks.

8. xbaha

xbaha

i can help you.

contact me pls.

thanks.