Astro Trading Scalpers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by pipsaholic, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Always read that Astro trading is for longer term trading, but recent advances in software that can tell us to the second and minute when planetary movements/ingresses/regressions are happening can this be used to scalp the market?

2. i do not think so

3. birdman

birdman

I'm always up for a good scalping thread, even if it's ... "The Moon Controls the Market."

Science says the moon controls ocean tides. Nurses talk about their patients being wacky and difficult at full moon.

I'm skeptical anyone can tie the moon to scalping 10 seconds to 3 minute time frames, but I've learned to rarely say ... "Never or Impossible." :)

4. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I do not use astro alone for trading decisions, however astro is part of my daily-use tools. In particular, I use planetary day and hour. Various combinations of planetary hours on a given planetary day do have "tendencies" regarding the market. Gann, Bayer, Pesavanto, and a few others have made formal note of certain of these type of tendencies from a longer-term perspective. I maintain my own observational data.

One biggish problem with using anything astro or cyclic-like and time-sensitive(such as scalping based on astro!!) is what time-zone to use. Your location, an exchange location, an underlying location (ES trades in Chicago, but all the underlying components trade in New York), or somewhere else?

Two modern day astro-fin marketeers to look at are Ray Merriman, the better of the two, IMO. And T.S. Phillips. Merriman is more swing, Phillips is more day-to-day. Pesavento is still around with some dubiousness surrounding his work, and even Arch Crawford is still around too.

I am not affiliated in any way, to or with, any of the persons mentioned. I am not a subscriber to any services they may offer, nor am I making any type of recommendation.

Good trades to you.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    birdman likes this.
  5. Dazz

Dazz

when in doubt, contact these guys:
    upload_2020-7-16_13-42-1.png

6. Dazz

Dazz

if fact, also consider these rooms:

upload_2020-7-16_16-28-33.jpeg

7. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

AstroAdvisor.com is T.S. Phillips that I mentioned previously.

Dazz likes this.
  8. I know of Ray Merriman and I`m not a fan. So many Astro related prophets who are IMO non-sensical , end up giving Astro studies a bad name.

9. Thor

Thor

On longer time frames it works like a charm......however no idea if it works on small time frames.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  10. over 10 years looking at the markets they do tend to rally on full moon for trend continuation or reversal rather than a choppy range market.

#10     Jul 18, 2020