Assent

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dafong, Feb 12, 2008.

1. dafong

dafong

What do people think about them? They seem to be popular with the elite trader community.

2. From what I hear they very good. Anvil platform is also very good.

3. The "Anvil" trading platform is excellent and is built for speed.

No historical data-base for charting to weigh the platform down. Intra-Day charts only. No technical indicators.
    Great for scalping.

The tech-support group is extremely knowledgeable. Company is always willing to spend money on additional servers and strengthening the backbone of the network system.

Is in the process of switching "networks" with ARCA. Should reap benefits of this switch soon.

4. wish the intra day chart had prce points built in and we were able to draw a damn trendline.
    for price points,i mean seeing the price on the actual chart so if we click on a candle,it will show the price of that candle as well as a high and low.
    also.the highs and lows/new highs-i would like to be able to filter in volume. in other words,stocks making new highs on HIGHER than normal volume. that would help a great deal. all in all,assent is fantastic.thir customer service improved alot as well,the guys are very nice.the guy at the trade desk needs a shot of adrenalin but i can deal with that.

5. dafong

dafong

no technical indicators??? WHA???

6. Landis, are you a pitchman for Assent? You seem to defend it and promote it at every chance you get.

7. Lately the arca has been getting stuck everytime the volume spikes. Hopefully they fix it soon because it puts Assent traders at a huge disadvantage.

Also, the hard to borrow list sucks. The list is small compare to Pension Financial and other clearing houses.

Otherwise, the plateform is great.

8. Nope, not at all.

I do know for a FACT that many traders who have issues with the Anvil Trading Platform do so simply because they have little knowledge about setting up the platform correctly, maintaining a speedy internet connection, etc.

I trade REMOTELY and have to be very tech oriented in order to make sure everything is running stable, that includes checking the signal/noise ratio on my Comcast broadband line every now and then. You'd be surprised how much signal loss occurs with one or two splitters in the line.

As you might recall the last thread that got started by someone "bashing" Anvil was by someone that traded out of a prop shop and had his machine connected to the WRONG port. He himself even came back on ET and admitted as much.

In fact, you sound a lot like him.
    :)

9. newguy1

newguy1

you aren't going to be referring anything about me anymore.

I FIND ONE MORE POST ON THIS BOARD IN REFERENCE TO ME, and thats it.

DON'T TALK ABOUT THIS ANYMORE.

i'll flip on a dime, so to whoever reads these boards, i really don't give a damn who you are, don't talk about this, because i'm not kiddin, not even a little bit.

DROP THIS TOPIC, OR WHATEVER THREAD GETS STARTED IN REFERENCE TO THIS ISSUE BETTER BE GONE/DELETED. I don't want to see another thread THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME or that previous thread.

leave it be. this is the last response i'm giving, and its my last and only warning. say what you want after this post, but i better not find this coming up again a month or two from now.

I FIND ANOTHER THREAD IN REFERENCE TO ME, THAT TALKS ABOUT ME AND THAT PREVIOUS THREAD, THATS IT.

LEAVE ME OUT OF THIS.

this isn't an issue of respect or being fearful. I did what needed to be done. But i find someone rub it in my face, and thats it. so you, landis, might not even be aware of what you're doing. But someone else does, and i'm not having any part of it. YOU better handle it, because i am one unhappy camper.

So if YOU are reading this, take care of it, because i left this topic in the past and if YOU are going to let it be brought up again, well, i hope you don't, because you know i sure as hell don't care, and thats probably not so hot for you or your interests ( trust me buddy i already calculated all mine out before i posted the first time so don't think for one second that just because i played ball i'm gonna be all to pleased about finding this).

[

QUOTE]Quote from Landis82:

Nope, not at all.

I do know for a FACT that many traders who have issues with the Anvil Trading Platform do so simply because they have little knowledge about setting up the platform correctly, maintaining a speedy internet connection, etc.

I trade REMOTELY and have to be very tech oriented in order to make sure everything is running stable, that includes checking the signal/noise ratio on my Comcast broadband line every now and then. You'd be surprised how much signal loss occurs with one or two splitters in the line.

As you might recall the last thread that got started by someone "bashing" Anvil was by someone that traded out of a prop shop and had his machine connected to the WRONG port. He himself even came back on ET and admitted as much.

In fact, you sound a lot like him.
    :)
    [/QUOTE]

10. Bobarino

Bobarino

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone is a disgruntled post-office employee..... Listen Newguy, you made a mistake... be a man and LIVE WITH IT.

Why does everyone blame someone else for their problems. your a hot head, you ate your words, NOW YOU leave it be.

Good work Landis, wish there was more competence about technical issues out there. I mean, everyone wants electronic trading, but nobody cares HOW that happens.

#10     Feb 26, 2008