Apples and cherries

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by AKUMATOTENSHI, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Is anyone aware of a method to to trade apple or cherry futures? I am out here in central Washington and would like to be able to trade off of information on these commodities. One angle is the crop insurance rates the local farms are paying and the realtimer data coming from the orchards.
    There is an xfer from friuts to hops BTW

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Are there such things as apple and/or cherry futures markets in the US (or anywhere else)?

Nobert, Overnight and murray t turtle like this.
  3. dozu888

dozu888

the closest proxy maybe the orange juice futures, with the logic that if apples become too expensive then people will buy more oranges lol.

CaseyB likes this.
  4. %%
    Good question AKu;
    i have a commercial orchard. BUT i simply study apple patterns ........=huge harvest , mostly price drops SEPT...................................................................................
    By the way is there still a labor shortage in apple harvests in that state??:cool::cool:, :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

5. Overnight

Overnight

The question you have to ask yourself is do apple or cherry futures exist in the first place? Start from there.

After all, there are not futures products for every thing that exists in the universe.

6. ElCubano

ElCubano

Are there “overnight” futures? :D

7. maxinger

maxinger

Never heard of apple, cherry futures.

There are such futures:
    cocoa
    coffee
    sugar
    corn
    soya