Appeals Court Allows Biden Private Business Vax Mandate To Take Effect, Setting Up SCOTUS Showdown

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Bugsy, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy

I'd imagine this news wont inspire confidence in the markets when they open on Monday. This reverses the earlier injunction by the 5th Circuit and puts the January 4th date back in play, provided the Supreme Court doesn't issue an injunction and take it up.

I will state there is already a precedent on vaccine mandates by the Supreme Court in a previous ruling in Jacobson vs Massachusetts where the Supreme Court upheld the mandate stating public health trumped personal liberty.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/...ate-business-covid-19-vax-mandate-take-effect

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    studentofthemarkets and MACD like this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

People don't think private property protections in the 5th amendment be like it is, but it do.

3. I think after this, we can probably mandate exercise classes and specific diets. This would be better for society.

ids, Nobert, ET180 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

You ever work for a modeling agency? Same thing

5. No but I had an assistant who was a model. It was quite a tough business.

I think we should mandate exercise classes and use a BMI measure to allow people to get certain kinds of food. For example, if your BMI is over 25, no fast food.

Nobert, ET180 and Bugsy like this.
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

I'd rather not live in a dictatorship.

7. ipatent

ipatent

Does GWB read threads here?

8. Once a medical procedure is legally made mandatory, there is no reason to stop there. We should use this power for good. Force people to exercise and prevent them from eating bad food.

9. Cuddles

Cuddles

Remind me, which medical procedure is legally made mandatory again?

10. The one under discussion from OP.

#10     Dec 18, 2021