Anything new on Apex Futures ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Alicia333, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Alicia333

Alicia333

New here so hello everyone ,

I used Apex Futures about 8 or 9 years ago. Had a very good experience.

Looking to open another account for day trading futures and naturally went to check out Apex again.

They’re still operating but I haven’t found any info Pre 2016 on how they’re doing or people using them.

Anybody use them or have any info?

Much thanks in advance.

anticramer likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Ask them.

https://www.apexfutures.com/contact/

3. Alicia333

Alicia333

I did.

Would like to get any info from someone that I’m not handing large sums of money to.

I know Craig Ross doesn’t work there anymore. A guy named Joseph Broad wrote me back and said that and that nothing has changed.

Well Ross was the president of Apex. And Apex is a DBA for Infinity Futures which is also some sort of child company to Transact. Was hoping somebody knew anything about this. Maybe someone who has / had an account there ?

Thank you for the tip though.

4. Overnight

Overnight

That right there is the sign for you to GTFO.

Some guy named Broad said nothing has changed, but Craig Ross doesn't work there anymore. So something has changed.

And "APEX is a DBA for Infinity Futures which is also some sort of child company to Transact..." Huh wha?

Go for it dude. Send them a check for your entire life savings, like that Optionsellers.com place.

But seriously. If you have doubts, stop and think.

How can people be so bloody daft with their money? I don't get it.

anticramer likes this.
  5. Alicia333

Alicia333

If I was being “ bloody daft with my money “ I wouldn’t be asking and researching BEFORE I risked anything.

As for the DBA [ doing business as ] part that’s what I got from this document from some guy Trying to sue them because he was “ not mentally smart enough to trade “ or something like that it is from 2010 which I closed my last account in 2011.

https://www.cftc.gov/sites/default/...ns/documents/legalpleading/id3petty042310.pdf

Oh yea and it was “ some guy named “ Joseph Broad

6. Overnight

Overnight

Find a different CTA/broker/whatever. You posting that legal document here and asking if you should try to engage his services again has seriously dented your credibility in normalcy. Again...Do people like you just want to shuffle your money into the gutter? What is wrong with people's sense of sensibility?

7. Overnight

Overnight

Dude (or dudette), go to Interactive Brokers. They are "safe".

8. Alicia333

Alicia333

What is wrong with you?

I’m simply asking a question. And if you ever happen to try google you’ll see everything looks good on reviews , forum posts , etc till 2016 then nothing.

You act like I came on here and said
    “ Hey I just sent $100,000 to Apex anybody heard of them? “

9. Alicia333

Alicia333

I use thinkorswim. I just wanted a futures account that doesn’t require full regulation margin per contract even for day trading them.

And that’s besides they’re commissions.

10. KeLo

KeLo

Hi Alicia:
    I tried Tastyworks for Equity Options trading. They clear through Apex.
    https://tastyworks.com/how-to-fund.html

I found Tastyworks to be adequate, with good commission rates, but I dropped them because adequate is not what I need for my particular trading style.

I do trade futures also, but have not cleared futures through Apex.

I had no problems with either Apex or TastyWorks. Their accounting was accurate, unlike one of my longtime brokers whose platform I like (but the brokerage is terrible). I had no problems with money transfers via ACH.

The firm has been sanctioned however.
    https://files.brokercheck.finra.org/firm/firm_13071.pdf

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    #10     Nov 28, 2018
    anticramer likes this.