Anyone want to tell their horror story about day trading recently?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dcwriter2, Jun 16, 2020.

1. For an interview. Can do by phone or email.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. %%
    Long story short; accidently turned a nice sdow profit into a loss;
    this is it and that's all/swing more than daytrade:caution::caution:,:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution: Not really a horror story; simply a non drama stop executed- don't fight the fed.

3. Tradex

Tradex

You are writing a book or something like that?

Nobert likes this.
  4. Yes.

Nobert likes this.
  5. Happy to PM on this thread, too.

6. Tradex

Tradex

As far as Forex is concerned, I believe the biggest horror stories happened on January 15 2015, when the SNB suddenly removed the EUR/CHF price peg.

[​IMG]

7. S2007S

S2007S

Think you will need just more than words. A daytrading horror story definitely needs proof of trades.

Fx-Game and Tradex like this.
  8. Looking more for a recent Robinhood mishap. Don't expect to find it here, but just covering my research bases.

9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Jumped on a downtrend at a bad risk point, thought I'd hold and it as downtrend forming, averaged into downtrend, at worst -$1200 got lucky on the pull back and bailed -$20 right before it ran up again.

No chasey the market, let and wait for them to come to you, where the Risk is affordable.

10. d08

d08

Order entry issue / slow cancellation. Violated my margin many multiple times over, loss (six figures) ballooned to over half my account within a few minutes. If I was a few decades older, I might've had a heart attack. The only redeemable thing was that I let the price settle and I came out with relatively tolerable losses. It would have been the equivalent of 1987 for me if I panicked as it happened and liquidated immediately. I believe that's what they'd call a "career ender".

#10     Jun 16, 2020
    tonyf, TooEffingOld, Nobert and 5 others like this.