Anyone want to shares future trading infrastructure cost with me?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by jason.sun0, Jun 18, 2016.

1. I recently set up CME trading platform (direct data feed, ilink and market maker membership), but I found it's a little bit too costly for me.

Is anybody interested in sharing the cost with me?

2. TradeCat

TradeCat

I will. As soon as I get my dividend check from the Nigerian oil field I was solicited for in my Hotmail email.

Fonz likes this.
  3. 1245

How would you do that without comingling your accounts?

4. I will have to come up with an idea how to do that, but you also need a good infrastructure to run your strategy and want to reduce your commission. We can help each other.

5. nitro

nitro

I don't blame you for trying this. I was considering it myself. I am interested in getting a 1/4 rack in NJ Equinix, London Equinix, and Chicago Aurora.

Problem is, as others have stated, it is complicated to try this. I wish someone would crowdfund such an idea though. The motif would not be profit, just sharing costs to leverage each other. Again, problem is, how does it work when the costs are recurring with a probable yearly contract.

6. I have everything ready, I wrote the code to get mdp3, and manage orders thru ilink, risk etc. I can share with you under some circumstance.

7. CBC

CBC

Slightly off topic, but how come traders can't just pay clearing fees and must pay comission?

The amount of fees we pay is crazy. Clearing / Exchange / Commission / Order flow / Routing / Data fees / Platform / NFA.

I feel like I'm getting my nipples milked.

I wish we could trade like the pit traders did. :)

8. 1245

Pit traders pay commissions to their FCM too. You don't feel your FCM provides a service worth a fee? Then do it yourself. See how much self clearing cost you. Commissions are less.

9. Forgot to mention, I got a CME membership, it will reduce the commission.

10. CBC

CBC

Is there anyway to just pay the exchange fee?

#10     Jun 19, 2016