Anyone using Amp futures ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by volente_00, Nov 1, 2017.

1. volente_00

volente_00

Anyone using Amp futures ?
    Pro's ?
    Con's ?

Reliability ?

What are you paying per rt?

2. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Excellent on all fronts, imo.

Had only one problem, and it's been a while (18+ months ago) since. Involved initial account credentials... at the time, only RTH trade desk personnel could issue. Maybe since changed, don't know.

here's a link to their all-in cost calculator. Depends on your selections.
    https://portal.ampclearing.com/account/commissionquote.aspx

Trade On!

AMP_Futures likes this.
  3. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

I had also very positive experience with them.

They focus on the small to medium retail client and for this type of customer, they do an excellent job. Whenever I had a question or something needed to be fixed, I always had someone to help me within seconds via their online chat.
    I once had an issue with CQG software that I really could not fix by myself. A guy from AMP connected to my computer and really took his time, he worked more than 1 hour on my platform until everything was finally fixed.
    Try to look for that kind of service as a small retailer from one of the bigger FCMs, like snobby RCG.

So yeah, I think they are a good choice for the regular retail client. Good technology, all kind of platforms, good staff and very transparent and competitive pricing (https://portal.ampclearing.com/account/commissionquote.aspx).

If you start trading much bigger size, then it is possible to negotiate even better rates with Dan Culp, but you should really push some serious volume then (>5000 RTs per month).

Greetings,
    CALLumbus

AMP_Futures likes this.
  4. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Solid broker with good technology. Fast ACH in and out.

AMP_Futures likes this.
  5. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

I did a BB search and I came up with some unresolved complaints regarding them, so I went elsewhere.

As far as the poster CALLumbus and CQG? there tech support is awesome and they have always done there job to resolve.

AMP_Futures likes this.
  6. Please, do us all a favor and express your "unresolved complaints". (We all know that not all complaints are legit... IOW... "some people would bitch if you hanged them with a new rope")

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    AMP_Futures and truetype like this.
  7. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

I don't have a complaint. just search for yourself. its on the web. Just because there commissions and margins are low doesn't mean they are a good choice for my deposit. maybe the BB complaints are unsubstantiated, that's something I don't know? But I chose to go elsewhere. The decision I made didn't make me happy because I did like there comish fee structure.

AMP_Futures likes this.
  8. truetype

truetype

9. Overnight

Overnight

It's funny. When I was looking for a broker some years ago, I searched around and chose AMP because they had zero complaints and an A+ rating over there.

As for what is there now on the complaint side, it is obvious the first 3 are from the same person and just a smear tactic. The latest one is a peach...

"..It did not say anywhere on the website that the computer systems start liquidating 4 minutes prior and the representative did not convey this very important information the last time a liquidation fee was incurred of $25.00. I was clearly "short-changed" of time to liquidate my position..."

Just because it doesn't say on the website what happens, doesn't mean one should not get the skinny on the ins-and-outs of the broker with whom you are entrusting your money. If the guy called them on the phone and asked them specifically the questions needed (i.e. If he were better educated about the field he was trading in), then he would not have had that issue. I've been on the horn with them o' plenty over the years, and knew about the 5-minute-before-market-close rule even before I had a funded account. Just gotta' feed your head.

As for the customer review?

"...My trade history report on the accounting side shows massive balance discrepancies as well. Fluctuations of over $50,000 in a $1000 account. AMP futures also claims to provide the lowest commission in the market, yet I have been charged quadruple the amount that premium brokers charge..."

He/she ate the brown acid while trading, and reading the broker statements.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    AMP_Futures likes this.
  10. AMP_Futures

AMP_Futures ET Sponsor

@Zodiac4u thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have reviewed the 4 complaints on BB - which it looks like BB is rating us based "not responding". This is the 1st we are seeing this and we will reach out to BB and get a response loaded.

1. Review - what? $50'000 variance on a $1'000 account?
    1. Complaint - We offer low day trade margins, but everyone has to meet the exchange margin requirements before the daily close. This is clearly detailed on our margins page: https://www.ampfutures.com/trading-info/margins/
    2,3,4 Complaints - look like all the same...just repeated. So we will ask them to check to make sure not a duplicate error and respond "customer statements are provided daily and monthly" - if any duplicate statements are requested by our customers they are always provided.

@Zodiac4u, sorry you got this impression of us. As CALLumbus & Overnight said, we work hard to take care of our customers (in-house 24 hour support team) - we can not 100% prevent technical issues from happening, but we will work quickly and friendly to get our customers back online.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    #10     Nov 3, 2017
    Zodiac4u likes this.