Anyone use a 32" or 34" monitor?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by listedguru, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Just wondering if anyone is using a 32" 1440P monitor or perhaps one of the new curved 34" monitors such as this Dell for trading?

I'm curious as to how the curve looks with charts, etc for trading?

The 32" 1440P monitors look decent also:

Anyone using these sizes for trading?

Thanks,

-Guru

2. You're too late. Real fundies have already moved onto laser projecting their trading setups on the face of the moon. It's the only surface large enough to handle all them charts.

3. wartrace

wartrace

I just ordered a 42" 4k monitor from Amazon for 659.00 and am going to try it for trading. I currently have four monitors and I would like to get everything on one screen. I just keep two 70 tick charts up (one showing the entire day with VWAP on it and another one that is zoomed in a bit to see the price action. My main trading chart is a 2 tick renko footprint chart. I also use the DOM/T&S.

4. I have two 32" monitors but I am now going to a 40" 4K one so I can stretch TWS across the top half, place my ATM in the lower-left and my Reuters in the lower right. Crossing my fingers my graphics card can actually do this (it says it can). The two 32" HD monitors are fantastic, though, and I could never go back to smaller screens.

5. I'm the opposite of you...I have tried many different monitor configurations in the past...and I feel bigger and/or more is not always better. :confused:
    I currently only use one 23" computer monitor on my desk. -- but i'm considering retiring my clunky desktop PC for a 17" laptop instead.

6. wartrace

wartrace

I couldn't do that. I have to see the DOM and time/sales. I have to see the numbers on my footprint chart. I like to have a big picture view of the market as well. It ain't going to fit on a laptop to the point I can read the numbers.

7. I use laptops as CPUs.

8. wartrace

wartrace

Why? Most trading software doesn't require all that much computing power unless you are running some very sophisticated Algo. If you were running an algo the extra laptops ain't going to help you. You would want a collocated server at the exchange.

9. What kind of 32" monitors do you currently have?

-Guru

10. Sony KDL-32W650As
    Amazing "TV"s

#10     Dec 7, 2015