Anyone Short Crude on July 25? (SA Market Forecaster Call)

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by MKTrader, Jul 30, 2019.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

Per our loyal sponsor's crystal ball prediction?

"Crude oil September future is bound to touch $58.27 by 25th July , after making a high on 25th July it will reverse to downtrend which will continue till 1st August 2019,I would love to short crude oil on 25th July & will book profit on 1st August".

We'll see what happens by August 1, but shorting crude on 25 July would be a losing trade so far...especially after today. Ouch!

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/are-you-ready-for-the-collapse-of-crude-oil-between-25th-july-01-august.334439/#post-4896520

d08 likes this.
  2. Are you telling me that all the predictions were wrong???

At least SPY low hit close to my target before reversing.

dozu888 and MKTrader like this.
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

If you pay me $5,000/year, I'll use my Astro Gannonacci analysis to reveal the 20% of SA's predictions which are halfway right!

Or maybe I'll recommend the opposite of all of his calls. Gold, oil and silver would all be profitable if I did that.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    d08, nooby_mcnoob and Overnight like this.
  4. LOL!

5. Today I have taken a sell call in crude oil at 4011 and exited from the call 2:20 pm at 3987

Total Profit: 24

6. MKTrader

MKTrader

Uh, OK. This isn't a "talk about unsubstantiated trades after the fact thread" though. It's about a sponsor here advising to short crude on July 25 and cover today. Even if one didn't close the trade earlier (crude skyrocketed earlier this week), you'd still have a loss as of the time I'm writing this. (Sponsor didn't give a stop loss or exit plan, BTW...I guess crude could go to 100 and you'd stay in the trade).

The sponsor will probably brag about "calling the big Aug. 1 drop" without mentioning that his trade idea was still unprofitable.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019