Anyone reading Ray Dalio's new book, Principles?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by 777, Sep 21, 2017.

1. 777

smallStops, zdreg and ajacobson like this.
  2. NO

3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I preordered it a couple of months ago and just got it. I can't wait to read it.

777 likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

themickey likes this.
  5. qxr1011

qxr1011

yep, i have read it years back

not bad, but surely has nothing to do with trading

saying that, i actually think that Dalio is one of the few on the WS who knows what he is doing

6. 777

Good find! However, having read both, I must say:

They are nowhere close to the same book

The new book is a summary of his life's learning, his views on life and money, practical advice, as well as his life's story and adventures.

This is a major work as well as an expanded and updated explanation of his principles, which he urges the reader no to blindly accept.

7. 777

Not nearly the same book, though explaing his principles is a common theme between the two.

The earlier publication was based primarily on internal communication to his hedgefund employees about his overarching ideas, that had already been leaked.

Anyway.. no skin off of my nose if no poster buys the book. However, I assure you that many of Wall Street's top minds will eagerly read Dalio's crowning work- for many reasons.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  8. zdreg

zdreg

some of us buy. some of us borrow from the library. since I am a short seller, I borrow it:)

ThunderThor likes this.
  9. Books are overrated; you're better off watching the movie Trading Places 1983,
    [​IMG] o_O
    Books are like art...it's a rather highly personal subjective interpretation -- and how you absorb it and apply it is a whole other world,

Even Price Drivers and How to Beat the Machines have some value in it, if you read it with an open mind...and search every corner hard enough,
    The lack of inherent, obvious wisdom...is wisdom in of itself,

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  10. lindq

lindq

I was pleased to read that he credits Transcendental Meditation as a positive factor in his life. It was, and has been, for me as well.

#10     Sep 23, 2017
    Baron and 777 like this.