Anyone purchased Fulcrum Trader course?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by CJS, Feb 8, 2016.

1. CJS

CJS

Hello, has anyone heard of or purchased the course on cumulative delta from Fulcrum Trader? (same named website fyi). Just curious.

2. These vendors are usually guilty until proven innocent, be very careful before spending your hard earned money this way.

traderob, K-Pia, cbc1 and 3 others like this.
  3. Handle123

Handle123

Last time I heard "Fulcrum" was early 90s, can't remember that guys name or system.
    Let's flip the situation, if you made a well back tested viable system that made profitable weeks day trading, would you waste you time selling a system for $700 bucks or would you spend you time trying to become that much better of a trader? If you don't know how to program, it will take you longer to back test, and you don't have a clue if developer back tested this honestly or how he back tested it, and when volatility changes, unless you know enough about trading, you won't know how to adapt. Times I have bought systems, I would back test the hell out of it, and they never came close to my performance tests and always returned, too bad I didn't know how to program in the 80s as all that crap was useless systems.

Volume in stocks is traded differently than day trading Futures Indexes, which is a hedge of stocks. I never heard of using "Delta" day trading the ES, but does sound like a catchy name, only Delta I know has to do with options, further away from 50, possible more risk.

If ya going to pop for $700, ask for their brokerage statements for past three years. Watch for all the excuses.

http://www.tradingsuccess.com/blog/fulcrum-trader-2130.html
    and few YouTube vids
    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fulcrum+trading

4. wartrace

wartrace

The Delta he is using is the difference between market buy orders vs market sell orders. If there are 128 market buy orders on a bar and 57 market sell orders the Delta of that bar is +71. Delta is essentially market imbalance. There is even a platform called "Marketdelta".

Keeping an eye on the delta can be useful for trading; particularly divergence from price.
    I found an old webinar presented by fulcrum trading. The guy only trades the FX futures from what I saw. I read some reviews and it seemed like not many people had bad things to say.

I don't know WHY you would pay any money to take a class when it is seems like something you could learn on your own. Just put up a delta bar chart under your regular chart and look for divergence. It is something I watch; it's useful to me.

5. CJS

CJS

Thanks for the replies.

wartrace likes this.
  6. wartrace

wartrace

I am looking into his stuff; thank YOU for bringing it up. I will not likely buy anything from him but I intend to watch his video's in my free time just to see what his take on delta is. I use delta on my footprint charts as it is a good way yo keep track of total buys/sells and the imbalance. Maybe this guy has a few tidbits of info that would be helpful.

7. fon

fon

Talk about a sad thread with lost souls.

8. CJS

CJS

lol another newby trader and aspiring forum troll. go back to your day job 'fon', we've seen your type a plethora of times before.

9. wartrace

wartrace

Talk about a new addition to my ignored list. :D fon? Never heard of her.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  10. fon

fon

Sure. Experienced traders buy things called Fulcrum Trader.

#10     Feb 9, 2016