Anyone here old school? SDLI, AMCC, GSPN

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by NY_HOOD, Jan 18, 2013.

1. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

Remember some of those old high flyers back in the day..AMCC, SDLI, GSPN, JNPR, CIEN, JDSU, VRTS , NTAP, GLW, AVCI, SCMR , ARBA, TTWO, BRCM, BRCD , CCMP, QCOM, PMCS, SEBL . These were all late 90's very early 2000 stocks. Feel free to add some more.

2. m22au

m22au

AKAM

XLA (xcelera)

Just about any biotech stock, especially those involved in genomics

3. neke

neke

OK my first ever trade was on INTA.

Add these others: CMRC ITWO LBRT PRSF PSFT ICGE CMGI EXTR NT FDRY ELON EFNT PMCS INKT MACR BVSN FMKT INSP PDLI SSTI EMLX BEAS JNPR MSTR GOTO SSTI STLW MUSE KANA ... want more?

4. You had me at SDLI. Used to trade that monster. Remember when it was announced that JDSU was buying them? OCLI was another one. Joe Batts really loved JDSU. Always good for a $10 pop whenever he would come on the tube and start talking about it.

I remember an interview on TV where a guy was pumping INSP. At that time it was only $45. Well in short order that thing went to the moon in 1999. GNET was another monster.

RMBS had an insane move, but that was later on post tech-crash.

Another one was CMRC.

5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

I forgot about CMGI . EFNT , AHAA , SAWS, PPRO.
    I loved JNPR and Globespan ( GSPN ),.
    MXIM , LLTC., NVLS , KLAC .
    I loved waking up in the morning back then and looking at my screen in awe when a stock moved 100 points in 2 months and then split 3 times.
    The first clue of an impending crash was when NT ( Nortel Networks) came out with an insane profit warning.

6. Those used to be the great high flyers. If I remember correctly those were the stocks that were on the top ten gainers/losers list everyday.

I remember trading them in the "Watcher System" (before I went prop) . Waiting for one of those names to have the MM quote screen go red and then bid on ISLD to gain that sick 1/2 spread all day long... At paying 2 cents a share there was still a lot of money left over!

Yeah that shit was fun!

7. the1

the1

Brings back memories. I used to trade just about every stock on that list. SDLI used to cut through resistance like a hot knife going through warm butter. I made a load on that one and JNPR, CIEN, JDSU GLW BRCM, QCOM, and others I can't recall. Ahhh....for the go-go days again!

8. Did you mean the 50 +% breakouts in a single day! Or if all the stock had to do was go positive for the day and you made a killing.

More proof that decimals have killed the retail trader!

Where did you trade? Retail or prop?