Anyone buying anything?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by S2007S, Oct 6, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Just sold some of my last inverse ETFs and have started to add some long positions, will wait for a massive oversold bear rally to get back into QID, TWM, SKF, etc etc.

The next rally will send the markets up 4-5% over one week.

BUY these huge dips....

2. poyayan

poyayan

The thing is, this is more of a buyer strike than panic selling?

3. dero

dero

some UYG; might be regretting it.

4. for my longest term investment portfolio I am buying some mutual funds which I hold on a regular basis.

I've been cash since April 2008 and started buying after Dow's 700 point dropw.

Will some more today.

American Funds EuroPacific Gr A (AEPGX)
    American Funds Grth Fund of Amer B (AGRBX)

Fidelity Magellan (FMAGX)
    Brandywine (BRWIX)

These are the only ones I buy and sell on regular bases.
    I had unloaded these some in Nov. 2007 then some more in March/April 2008 timeframe. Now I am loading up again on these.

5. jsv416

jsv416

I am starting to average in on rig, chk, pbr. I think energy stocks are a screaming deal at these levels. Could they go down further? Yep they definately could, at which I would buy a little more....

These are long term investments. not short term trades...

6. The lower the market goes the greater the odds it will rebound. The indexes have a certain intrinsic value, which is why they can't just go to zero. That point was reached on October 2002. Are we close to that point again? maybe, maybe not.

7. tango29

tango29

Well, I'm in GE at 22 and will look for more when the markets turn. I'm also looking at INTC and may get in now as another hold.

8. S2007S

S2007S

Bought some UYG as well for my IRA...

9. lindq

lindq

List of stocks reported by Barron's this week, with strong cash positions. May be a good list of candidates for a long term turnaround in the market.

MMM
    ACN
    ALL
    MO
    AOC
    AMAT
    ADP
    BHI
    ABX
    CME
    ITW
    MFC
    MRK
    MSFT
    NYX
    PFE
    SII
    SYK

10. MGJ

MGJ

I bought Dec 2008 BAX on this morning's open (Oct 6). Playing for the "mo" to continue.

[​IMG]

#10     Oct 6, 2008